Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to automatically assign batch numbers in REM upon confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I did all required configuration:

- the batch level is Material (OMCT)

- internal Batch Number Assignment is activated (OMCZ)

- Define Batch Creation For Mvt is set to C for type 131

- Define Initial Creation of Data for Batch Master Transactions is set to C for my material type

- the indicator for BM is set in the view Plant Data/Storage Location for the material/SL

But still when I confirme my production with MF42N, the system is not getting the internal number range for the batch.

Any idea why?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can assign the Batch Number for Finished material at MFBF screen . For Components batch number check with "Postwith correction screen " of MFBF. If u set bacth search procedure at REM profile batch number for Components will com automatically.

SPRO>LOGISTICS>PRODUCTION>REM>BACKFLUSHING>MAINTAIN GLOBAL SETTINGS FOR CONFIRM. & LIS> BATCH CLASSIFICATION ACTIVE FIELD.

Use the field value as '1'.

Maintain Batch search procedure at control data tap2 in REM profile (SPRO) which will be assigned to Finished material.

Please try and come back.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't need the components' batch number, since my components are not managed by batch. All I need is to assign an internal batch number for my finished good when I do MFBF or MF42N.

I am using any Batch determination, unless you tell me it is required to get the internal batch number.

Please tell me what I am missing here.

Regards

Fotso

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Setting the internal batch number.

Go to SPRO_logistics general>batch management> Batch number Assignment -->activate internal number assignment

OMAD Object DRVNO enter the number ranges for the batch number.

Please refer this thread,

[Thread.|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=16618658&messageID=6164015]

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did activate the internal batch number assignment, as mentionned in my first statement above.

Actually, the system is automatically assigning the internal order. But since this internal order was assign upon the first confirmation, I cannot use that number anymore.

Is there a user-exit that would allow to go and look for the number order instead of the internal batch number range?

If so, how can I find out?

Fotso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to do like this:

Define Batch Creation For Mvt is set to C for type 131

This should be kept as Autiomati=c /Manual witout chk i e A.

Define Initial Creation of Data for Batch Master Transactions is set to C for my material ty This is not mandatory.

the indicator for BM is set in the view Plant Data/Storage Location for the material/SL This is not mandatory.

After doing all I am not sure whether it will work for "MF42N"

Pl. try once for MFBF.

Regards

YMREDDY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you asking me to put the indicator "Define Batch Creation for Goods Movements" to A?

If this is the case, I did that and I ran MFBF. The system is still asking me to input batch number.

The other settings according to you are not mandatory, so should not have any impact, right?

Fotso