Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a BSP application from a report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to everybody,

I have one BSP(Business Server pages)application.I want to call that application from report.How to call BSp from report.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if this will help in you current requirments but one way could be to create an web link within a screen container to the BSP web reference(http://sd.co.uk:/sap/bc/bsp/sap/ztestbsp/index.htm). I know this is not in a report and it will not go there without the user clicking on the link so may not be of any use. But you could perhaps have a screen call from your report which displays the link to the bsp.

regards

mart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try to do something like this:

CALL METHOD cl_gui_frontend_services=>execute

EXPORTING

document = url_of_bsp_appl

EXCEPTIONS

OTHERS = 1.

Probably this is what you need.

Regards,

Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alternatively you can call function module CALL_BROWSER with the Url of the BSP application. Same effect.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

The SAPGui HTML control is great way to show a BSP page. You can create the HTML control (CL_GUI_HTML_VIEWER) in a full screen or subscreen (anywhere you can insert a container controll). Best yet you can activate SSO for the HTML control so that the user doesn't get prompted for credentials. The following is some code samples:

CREATE OBJECT custom_container
    EXPORTING
      container_name              = 'CUSTOM_CONTAINER'.

CREATE OBJECT html
      EXPORTING
        parent             = custom_container.

CALL METHOD html->enable_sapsso
    EXPORTING
      enabled = 'x'.

DATA: url TYPE string.
  DATA: url1 TYPE url.
  DATA: l_appl TYPE string,
        l_page TYPE string.
  l_appl = bsp_appl.
  l_page = page.
  CALL METHOD cl_http_ext_webapp=>create_url_for_bsp_application
    EXPORTING
      bsp_application      = l_appl
      bsp_start_page       = l_page
      bsp_start_parameters = params
    IMPORTING
      abs_url              = url.
  url1 = url.

CALL METHOD html->show_url
    EXPORTING
      url = url1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas ,

I m new to BSP and also ABAP Objects ..

I have a similar requirement to call a BSP page from ABAP .. I found ur code working .. except the create object (Custom container ) .. can u please tell me in detail what is custom_container object .

its very urgent ..

0 Kudos

custom_container is an object of type ref to CL_GUI_CUSTOM_CONTAINER. This is connected to an area that you draw on the screen using the screen painter. However you can place this control in any GUI Container (splitter, dialog box, etc).

There are tons of information and samples in the system and the online help on Controls Technology (since it has been around since the introduction of 4.6X).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/7d/fe9f698af411d3805e00c04f99fbf0/frameset.htm