cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to locate the LMS's API Implementation-Error in Content Player

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guys,

when I am playing the content in content player of Authering environment we get the following error "Unable to locate the LMS's API Implementation" ,

Should any API be implemented explicitly?

How can we resolve this error?

Regards,

Shamila.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the content created in Authoring Environment or a external course was imported ?

I gut feeling is that you imported an external course. The structure of the course is not compliant to Authoring Environment structrure. There are references to SCORM API's in the course content which are broken once the course is imported in to SAP AE. Your course developer would have to debug it and find a solution. Please let me know if that is helpful.

Regards,

Ravi Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

The course content is not created in Authoring Environment but imported externally and the course is a flash file.

The scorm file was generated in scorm 1.3 version.

How can we resolve this?.....

Regards,

Shamila.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shamila!

As I mentioned, you need to consult your content developer to debug this issue. In the course content(i.e. flash file) there are references to the SCORM API. These when imported in to AE loose the reference. For instance, if you have something like this .. parent.api.<some scrom function> and the parent (window or frame) has the SCORM API. This reference might be getting broken when the course package is imported in to AE. The content developer need to make changes in the code to ensure the reference to the API is changed.

Please let me know if you require further guidance on this.

Regards,

Ravi Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

We have checked with the content developers, they have confirmed that the course content files does not refer to any scrom api directly..

The course content is played from content player which is in SAP Enterprise portal.So in the portal server should any scorm api to be placed? If so can you please tell us from where we can download the API related softwares and the necessary software for the same.

Regards,

Shamila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shamila!

I am pretty sure this is related to content. The content player or the portal does not have anything to do with it. Is there a possibility for you to share a skeleton structure of your content package ?

Regards,

Ravi Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

share your mail identifiaction with me. As I am logging off for the day.

Regards,

Ravi Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

My Id is sshamila in gmail

Regards,

Shamila

Answers (0)