2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2008 7:54 PM by Brian Anthony RSS

Full Life Cycle vs End to End Implementation

Krishna Gopalam
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All

Is there any difference between Full Life Cycle implemenation and End to End implementaion, if there are any differences between it. Could you please specify.

Thank you

• Re: Full Life Cycle vs End to End Implementation
    Alok Kashyap

I think in BI projects we often have End-to-End methodology : kicked off with Source system(r/3 or legacy system) and ended up with Target system(BEx/webtemplates/EP)..

Full life cycle project contains a cycle where a starting point from which project was kicked off, on same point project will come to completion going via different phases and modules.

• Re: Full Life Cycle vs End to End Implementation
    Brian Anthony

I think of Full Life Cycle as process driven: create a sales order, fill it, deliver it, bill it, receive payment, pull data into BW and check report accuracy.

I think of End-to-End as data driven:  Pull all sales orders into BW, is the PSA correct? Yes-continue.  Is the data as expected in the ODS? Yes-Continue.  Is the data correct in the cube? yes-continue.  Is the query correct?  Yes - Continue.  Does the Sales Order in R/3 match the Sales Order data on the Query? Yes- great, we're done!

Although, if you ask 10 people you may get 10 different answers.

Brian

Actions