cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute ROLE meaning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM guys,

Just i want to know what is the perpose of the attribute - ROLE in Org.structure

and what is use of the ROLE tab in SU01 for user.

Both places ( attributes and in SUO1-ROLE tab ) need to give the sap_bbp_stal_employee role ??? to shop the user...

please confirm ..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

ROLE is not a mandatory attribute in PPOMA_BBP to do shop since user has a role is su01 and it assigned to orgstructure.

As you aware you can give role via USERS_GEN when we create a user like text file

I could see some note in sap help on attribute on org structure .

ROLE User role

Example value: SAP_EC_BBP_VENDOR Indicates the role of the user, for example manager, employee, or secretary.If no approval workflow for new users is in force, a default value must be set for the attribute ROLE, for example SAP_EC_BBP_EMPLOYEE. (If no default value is found, the approval workflow is activated automatically.)

You can cross check via web SettingsAttribute>USER Role .

Regards

Muthu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..

Thanks for ur reply..

But still its not clarified..

In SU01 user having SAP_EC_BBP_EMPLOYEE role..

with this role user can do the shopping,confirmation & invoice.

Then for what perpose the attribute ROLE is used in org.structure.. means with out giving any value in the attribute ROLE.. User can do shopping, confirmaiton & invoice..

Just i want to perpose of the ROLE attribute in Org.structure..

Please explain me in details..full points are alloted..

Former Member
0 Kudos

The attribute ROLE is more of a process related one. For example if this is not populated, the user cannot manage a business partner say vendor. You can try that in the application Manage Business Partners (BBPMAININT)..

Then in SUS while creating users, you will be to assign the role which are maintained in this attribute. A dropdown will be avalible with these roles maintained in the attribute.

The Role assigned in SU01 is for application authorization, which I need not explain much as you are fully aware of its purpose.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Kathirvel