cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why reports created in 8.5 and saved in XI.5 are very slow?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is my problem :

I worked with Crystal Report 8.5 and my reports were speedy.

I saved a report in a new version (Crystal XI.5) and the report generation is very slow.

If i saved the same report (saved in 8.5) in the version XI (not the XI.5) the report is speedy.

If i saved the report from XI.5 to XI there is no change (report slow).

Have you ever seen this problem?

The database used is Advantage Database Server 8.1.0.26

Thanks for the help.

Mickael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mickael,

I upgreded CR from 8.5 to XI and I have the same problem, the raports are generating very slowly.

I think that problem is in query because I check Show SQL Query and the queries are different.

I copy query from Show SQL Query from old 8.5 and new XI version CR for the same raport and check it in PL\SQL Developer so query from 8.5 work very speed but from XI work very slowly. I'm working on database Oracle. Have you found any solution this problem?

Best regards

Mariusz

Former Member
0 Kudos

t

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariusz,

It is expected that the reports will run a bit slow in the newer version as the entire report engine has undergone chnage after version 8.5.

With the new version, the database security has been enforced a lot more as compared to version 8.5. Along with this, the SQL generation process has also undergone change and the SQL which is now generated is much more optimized.

Also, there are a lot of new features in terms of formatting the report, which can cause the delay in showing you the first page of the report. It may not just be the database access that is taking time.

As suggested earlier, if you find the query generated in 8.5 was fetching records faster, you can surely create a command object in XI R2 to check if you get the same speed of data retrival.

Regards,

Abhishek Jain.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Compare the SQL queries generated in both versions from Show SQL query under the Database menu.

If the queries are different in both the version for the same report then try the following

Copy the SQL from the faster version.

Create a new report in the slower version and instead of selecting the tables use the Add command to it and paste the SQL in the command.

Check whether this report runs better.

Regards,

Aditya Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Would suggest you to confirm the below given option:

- Server side processing or server side grouping. To do so, choose Database |Perform Grouping On Server from the pull down menu.

Hope this will help to solve the issue, if not let us know.

Regards

Asha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mickael

Advantage Database is not enlisted in the Supported databases under the Supported Platforms Guide of CR XIR2.

For more information please refer to the supported platforms document of Crystal reports XI R2.

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried with SqlCon32 utility?If you run your query in SqlCon32 then how much time does it take?

Are you using any filtration?If yes then are you using the filtration at report level or at the database level?

Regards,

Shweta