cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy queries + variants + workbooks -- RSZC ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

BW Experts,

Using RSZC can we copy queries, variants and workbooks?

I have to make a copy of queries from the cube to the multicube.

Thanks,

BWer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can copy queries using RSZC. Query sub components like CKF and RKF will also be copied.

Hope this helps...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BWer.

You can copy your query like this:

1 Go to SE37

2 Type in RSZ_I_COPY_QRY_TO_CUBE

3 Press Display

4 Scroll down and look for this line in the code:

IF l_subrc <> 0 OR l_is_compliant = rs_c_false.

5 Position the cursor on the line and set a breakpoint by clicking the "stop" sign

6 Go back

7 Run the module by pressing F8

8 Type in your source + target cubes and press F8

9 You get to the debugger at the line where you set the breakpoint. Double click on l_is_compliant to make it show in "field names" (to the left) below the code.

10 Type in x in the "field contents" (to the right), press the pen symbol to the right of the line and press F8

11 Chose the query you want from the list and press "transfer selections"

12 Check the log: after all the error messages about the cubes not being identical, there should be one line with the green light of hope - this is your query that was copied

13 Check if all the objects in the query are available in the cube you copied to by opening the query from the query designer.

14 If some objects are missing in the cube you copied to, you'll have to fix this - If they are there, you can look busy for a couple of hours just doing your own thing and having everybody else think you are copying the query manually 😄

(you might want to change the query tech name by using "save as" from the query designer)

Enjoy,

Jacob

Message was edited by: Jacob Jansen

...and of course: If your system crashes or something like that when you try this, or as a consequence of trying this, I accept no responsibility 😄

I did this on BW 3.0B ... dunno how it will work on other versions...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can copy query from one cube to another even though they dont have all the same characerstics, but all the characterstics in the query should be there in the second cube. You can do this using the FM RSZ_I_COPY_QRY_TO_CUBE in debug mode.

There is a BW Expert Online article on this...

http://www.bwexpertonline.com/archive/Volume_03_(2005)/Issue_06_(July)/V3I6A2.cfm?session=5ceaa691-8...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

variants and the workbooks are also copied ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepu, but unfortunately i do not have subscription to that website bwexpert. wondering if someone has that information ( whitepaper..)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear!

To check that it's enough to do a simple test...

Anyway, in an OSS Note (for other purposes...), I read:

"If A1 is used as an InfoProvider (for queries):create a MultiProvider that contains both InfoProviders A1 and A2, or change existing MultiProviders containing A1 so that they contain A1 and A2 with the same characteristic and key figure identifier, so that consistent reports are still possible during the process via the MultiProvider.

Copy the queries from A1 to the RSZC).Components into which these queries are embedded may also need to be adjusted accordingly (for example Workbooks or Web Applications)."

This last sentence can be interpreted as...

However, let me know your mail !

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can copy queries from one cubeto another, from ods to cube and also from cube to multiprovider. But remeber all the objects in the source should exist in target.

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi BWer,

to copy query from cube to cube,

all characteristics has to be exist in target cube.