cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replenishment strategy for external procurement in Ctrl cycle in KANBAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working with kanban for external procurement but when in control cycle i am trying to select external replenishment strategy out of general seven external strategies , it is showing only two for selection i.e.

--- replenishment using container

-

replenishment using summarised JIT Call

No other strategy is avl for selection in ctrl cycle

I want to use replenishment strategy replenishment with schedule line / Purchase order.

How can i achieve this.

Please help.

Amit .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

In the kanban with external procurement, then once u trigger the kanban card then system will create PO against the requirement.

U should do the GR aganist the PO, there is no point of planning through MRP.

Please ref what's given in the SAP Help

If a material is planned and procured with MRP, you must make the following settings:

You must maintain a valid MRP type for the material. This means, the setting "ND" (No planning) is not allowed.

You must maintain all other control parameters required for MRP for the material.

regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with you vijay but why then some replenishment strategies are there with mrp for kanban also

My client here want planning through MRP but execution thru KANBAN internal /. external

Please suggest if u have any other point

I tried using PD so it got planned and it got offset by the same quantity whatever i trigger but my question is same still with stocloc mrp indicator 1 and other storloc settings still i can't select anyother replenishment strategy apart from two i.e. with jit call and container ctrl

regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

First check with Porcurement type of the material ,Is it Externally procured type F.

I hope u must have created supply area by linking the storage location, please enter same sloc as external procurement location at MRP view of material master.

Now create the Control cycle.

If you want run the Kanban cycle with MRP , you must maintain the MRP type as PD.

Regards

Pradeep Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First select storage location MRP indicator as 1 in the MRP4 view then completly come out from the control cycle creation transaction if possible delete the previously created control cycle and create new.

It should show the all replenishment strategy.

Note: Completly come out from the control cycle transaction(Come to main sap manu) then try to create

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks vijay

it worked fine

but i have another issue where in i am not getting exact delivery time in hrs:min dispite maintaining it in ctrl cycle , only it is giving me in days as per material master .

In calculation profile also i have selected indicator for exact time in hrs:min calculation , still it is not getting calculated .

please any help in this regard

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As u said that for external procurement strategy with purchase orders to come for selection in ctrl cycle one shud change In MRP4 sloc indicator to 1

but i want the stor loc stock to get considered while running mrp

How to go for this

Also why one would not want the stock considered in MRP ??

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since working with Purchase Order / Scheduling Agreement strategies are not defined for your specific plant so you are unable to select them in Control cycle.

So You need to define Replenishment Strategy for external procurement in Customization as below :

SPRO--> Production-> KANBAN> Replenishment Strategies-->Define External Procurement Strategies as

0001 Working with purchase orders

0002 Working with scheduling agreements

Right now as mentioned by you out of 7 possible strategies of external procurement only 6 & 7 are defined only. So pls define as above 1 & 2 options for external procurement in Customization.

Maintain above settings will solve your problem.

Hope this helps.

Revert if still problem persists.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

As i mentioned earlier also that starategies are maintained for the plant but prroblem is when i try to select in during ctrl cycle creation it is showing only two out of 6~7 external procurement strategies .

Customising part is ok from my side

Can u further share something in this ?

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the material master MRP4 view (Enter Plant and storage location also) select storage location MRP indicator "1".

Then it will display all replenishment strategy

Regrads

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

Thanks for the reply

I tried it but it is still not showing any of the other strategies .

Actually i want that whatever i have planned from MRP run should get reduced whenever i have replenishment thorugh KANBAN card.

As u have suggested that sloc indicator i shud take 1 then how it will reduce the requirement whenever replenishment is happening.

Regards

Amit