Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Error: BOMGR 0060) IDispatch error # 109 Connection or SQL sentence error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all members

BO version: BO 6.5

My client is facing following error in Infoview all of sudden for last 2 weeks while viewing the published reports in an Infoview.

BusinessObjects server process raised an automation exception. (Error: BOMGR 0060) IDispatch error # 109 Connection or SQL sentence error.

(DA0005): [Exception: DBD, ORA-12154:

TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified State: N/A] The following data providers have not been successfully refreshed:

SQL 1 with XYZ. (DMA0007): (BSSBUWSIT0001.xxxxxx.com)

(returned by function Refreshing Document

Following is the wording of my client

"it comes to all reports, only few run smoothly, and if we restart the server it goes immediately otherwise it takes some time to get disappearu2026"

Kindly any member guide me for the resolution of this problem.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Izhar

Edited by: izhar ahmed on Sep 29, 2008 12:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Izhar,

The workstation might had both SQL*NET2 and NET8 installed in the same Oracle home.

Could you please run a trace and check whether BusinessObjects is using SQL*NET2 instead

of NET8 to talk to all of your Oracle DB's.

I think the simplest solution to this problem would be to completely remove NET8

and SQL*NET2 and then reinstall just the NET8. However, if your user has 10+ Oracle

apps that function correctly and depend on the existing configuration you might be

reluctant to do so.

The workaround in our case can be to replace SQL*NET2 OCIW32.DLL with NET8 OCIW32.DLL.

This can solve the connection problem without affecting any other application."

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kaur,

I have asked my client to check their system. For that following is the reply they have given to me.

"Izhar the time this error arrives, the same report on the other server works fine u2026 and other clients connecting to the database server works fine as wellu2026"

Could you tell please, what might be the reason.

Regards,

Izhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Izhar,

This issue is might be due to two version of OCIW32.DLL present on the machine on which your end user is getting the issue.

The 2 versions of this .DLL is causing the conflict.

In case of queries please do revert.

I will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaur,

How to be assured that there is two different versions of OCIW32.DLL is available.

What should be done if system really has two different versions.

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Izhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Izhar,

Could you please review the following information it might help you to resolve the issue.

You need to check the following things.

Things to check:

1. ORACLE PATH in client SYSTEM VARIABLES:

On the Windows 2000 CLIENT user machine:

- Right-click on "My Computer" and select "Properties". The "System Properties" window appears.

- Go to the "Advanced" tab and 'Environment Variables' and under 'System Variables' window the 'path' variable.

- Click on 'Edit' and copy and paste the info into this case notes. Check if there is more than one Oracle home defined in the "Path" system variable.

- If there is more than one Oracle home defined, then edit your "Path" variable so that only one Oracle home is defined.

2. TNSNAMES.ORA:

- Check to see if any multiple copies of the "tnsnames.ora" file and the "sqlnet.ora" file are identical to each other.

There may be a problem with certain lines contained within the tnsnames.ora in C:\ORANT\NET80\ADMIN folder.

eg: [(COMMUNITY = TCP.world), (GLOBAL_NAME = LIVEServer.world)]

3. OCIW32.dll Search for these on client machine

You may have a copy of the "OCIW32.dll" file in both the Oracle client/bin and the other <Oracle application>/bin directories.

Rename or remove the "OCIW32.dll" file located in the other Oracle application /bin directory.

Note:

Please make sure that you have installed only one version of Oracle middleware, which must be the same version as the query database (ie NOT SQL Net 2.3 if you are connecting to a Oracl 8.1.6 query database)

4. CHECK THE REGISTRY ORACLE_HOME:

Check if one version of middleware on that machine, by the registry contacts. BO will look for the middleware in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Oracle : ORACLE_HOME

Other Business Objects tests to carry out:

1. import the universe via Supervisor and go into properties -> Test connection. Any errors?

2. Check the connection - 'Edit' --> Database Engine - which Oracle driver version is being used for this universe?

3. Check the universe domain by clicking Tools -> Repository -> Click on Universe domain and Test. Also click 'Modify' to select the correct Oracle driver version.

*********MORE*****

In order to find in it all information for the connection to the database BO always checks the path of the middleware (Control Panel -> System -> Environment -> Path (eg C: ORANT) and uses the first occurrence of ociw32.dll found within the %path%. Business Objects also reads the Oracle registry and the value ORACLE_HOME to find the list of TNS but it cannot deal with two different versions of Oracle.

Consequently, both need to be synchronized to avoid a problem.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur