Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TAO (Test Accelerator & Optimizer)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Has anyone here worked with SAP TAO?

What is the deal about working with it integrated with Solution Manager?

Does anyone has any explanation material?

Tks,

Lucas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lucas,

Well, I didn't work with SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization. However, I can provide you some material on this.

Getting Started with SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization

http://www.hp.nl/thrive/files/sap_tao_customer_facing_deck.pdf

IT excellence with SAP Enterprise platform Solutions

http://www.saplounge.be/Files/media/pdf/Peers-SAP-platform-solutions-overview-2007.10.10.pdf

E2E Integration Testing and SAP TAO

http://www.sapsa.se/download.cfm?assetId=31246

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi this link is not working. can you provide me new link plz

thanks

m_topper2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear mr. Arram,

Unfortunately the links you provided are no longer working. Would it be possible to review these.

Makes me wonder though how this is the right answer .

Kind Regards, Mark

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a small doubt reg. to SAP TAO .

How do we identify in how many test cases my test component has been used .

Please correct my question if I am wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have deployed the suite of TAO, CTS+, TDMS, Solman 7.1 SP10, CA Wily Introscope and HPQC and it works just fine. We had some issues with TDMS initially around BI extractors, but we used MaxAttention to get it solved. All works amazing now, and in conjunction with Workforce performance builder it saves us millions.

0 Kudos

Hello Shekar,

To identify the dependent Tests of your component:

In ALM/QC, Go to the components tab and navigate to the component(for which you need to check the dependent Test cases).

On the Right side of the window, navigate to the "Dependencies" tab, where you will find the list of dependent Test Scripts or Test Cases,

Regards,

Mohamed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone suggest or provide link how to download SAP TAO ?

Thanks,

Sadik

0 Kudos

Hi Sadik,

Go to https://service.sap.com/swdc

Navigate => Support Packages and Patches-> Browse our Download Catalog-> SAP Technology components -> SAP TAO-> SAP TAO 3.0-> Comprised software component versions -> SAP TEST ACCEC. and OPT. 3.0 -> Win 32.

Add it to your Download basket and download.

Regards,

Mohamed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP. I am working Software Tester since 2yrs and I have good knowledge on QTP/QC. I have come across this SAP TAO while I am searching for new career opportunities.

So I am very much new to SAP and SAP TAO. Can you provide me with some links where I can get more information about this SAP TAO?

Thanks,

Sagar

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Lot of materials are avaliable online one such is :

http://www.scribd.com/doc/49312768/4-SAP-TAO-Training-Material

Once you install SAP TAO , there is help aswell to guide you:

Procedure to install :

- First QC needs to be installed
- Before installing turn off the firewall & IPS and reduce the security level to nill in control panel user account
- Import & Export and load all the components

- Then install QTP
- Access QC from QTP

- Then install SAP TAO

Thanks,

Aj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Intresting, thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

There is a course @ SAP in the Netherlands; Get ready to use SAP TAO.

Regards,

Willem

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i can't find the address to download the installation file, such as tao client.

can you help you, thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can download the SAP TAO installation files from sap market place.

downloads>>SAP Software Distribution Center>>downloads>>Installations and upgrades>> installation and upgrades - Entry by application group >> SAP Technology components>>SAP TAO

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/swdc

You cant see the software listed until you buy the software.

Regards,

Manimaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Do you know whether there are any books or training centers for SAP TAO?

Thanks,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to download SAP TAO trial version.

Please provide us the links.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently there is no training centers available for SAP TAO. Some of the resources who worked in these tools providing training. SAP does not provides any training material as such now. But you can find some flash file and pdf materials related to SAP TAO in SAP support portal > Ramp-up Knowledge transfer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no trail or demo versions available in market for SAP TAO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

do you have an experience in installing SAP TAO?

i am about to install it in SOLMAN..

i am surprised how many prerequisites it needs before i could install it.. i currently have no SAP Quality Center installed, and right now I am in the process of uprading Solman to EHP1 SP20.

can i consult with you from time to time? i desperately need someone to guide me through the installation.

hoping,

cha cha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

i m looking some training in SAP TAO. where can i find more info , regarding training or some blogs. or if any body intrested to teach me

-

peterinpeteratgmaildotcom

thanks

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

I'm working on SAP TAO for past 2+ years and implemented TAO for more than 5 customers in US.

Current version of SAP TAO 10.0.11 is not directly integrated with solution manager. But the upcoming version of SAP 2.0 is tightly integrated with Solution Manager to verify the changes that impacts the components and tests using SAP TAO.

Thats really very useful if all the transports are maintained through solution manager.

Please let me know if you need any more information about SAP TAO.

Regards,

Manimaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

I tried to install SAP TAO 2.0. I do have QC 10 with BPT, QTP 10. After installation when i try to open or launch SAP TAO by clicking the icon which is displayed in the desktop i get following errer.

" QC has to be installed before working with SAP TAO". But i have my QC installed in the same server.

Can you please help me why this error occurs.

Am i missing somthing else.

Thank you.

former_member100469
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

Geunrisse,

1.Solution manager EHP1 SP20 is fine to configure SAP TAO with Solution Manager. But you should have Quality center before installing TAO.

2. Additional Component needed for Solution Manager is : ST-PI latest and ST-TAO components

Purush09,

1. Please install the QC client, that will solve your issue or Login to the QC application with Admin rights in the same machine, where you are trying to open the TAO Client.

See you then,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

I am very much to learn SAP TAO please provide any material and videos......

Regards

Narayana

Kevin_Daly
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you tell me who the SAP internal product owner of TAO is?  I need to get GAF approval for reselling TAO on an IBM deal.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you work for SAP, maybe can point you in the right direction.

former_member189541
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In the context of reselling SAP TAO you may contact SAP's Marcus Wefers (http://scn.sap.com/people/marcus.wefers).

former_member185487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello  Barbara,

This was good to know & best leaning for our SAP TAO product & optimization  Technique !

Regards

Asish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Can you please let me know how to migrates content of SAP TAO 2.0 to SAP TAO 3.0. ? We are upgrading the version from TAO 2.o to TAO 3.0. also upgrading the ECC 6.0 to EHP 7.0 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barbara,

What are the requirements for SAP TAO?

Do we have to purchase SAP to HP-ALM adapter, and TAO?

Regards,

Jeff