cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM BP Company Code Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to enter Company Code data in CRM in transaction BP?

If not, does SAP provide an explanation why company code data is not created in CRM? Any relevant OSS note or document which I can show the client?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes your understanding is correct. It is not possible to maintain company code data in the CRM system. You can refer the NOTE:504169 which explains the difference in the data model between CRM and R/3.

Also, refer to the sample code in this note 504169 and adjust accordingly for the company code data that needs to be filled ( in case of your business partners that are replicated to R3 ).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DGE,

CRM doesn't support company code related fields, because in general company code data is not utilized in CRM. The company code data for a customer will be maintained in ERP using the transaction XD01. Even if you download a customer from ERP into CRM, the company related data will not flow into CRM BP, because those fields are not sipported.

Please refer to the <b>SAP note 504169</b>, which clearly explaines the differences between the data models of ERP and CRM.

<b>As per the note then below is not supported.</b>

Field name:

KNB1-<xxxxx>, KNB5-<xxxxx>

Description:

The company code-dependent data of the tables KNB1 and KNB5 are required for the processes billing, dunning and payment in the R/3 System.

Reason:

These processes are neither required nor desired in the CRM Server.They still occur in the R/3 System.Therefore, this data is not contained in the CRM data model and it is not planned to include this data in the data model.

Award points, if helps.

Regards,

Paul Kondaveeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm a CRM newbie, using CRM 5.0. On my system, Sales Area in BP shows that the Sales Area is taken from the Service Org. Is there any way for me to change the display to reflect Sales Org in the Sales Area? Please help. Thx.