cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some basic question on XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to XI and trying to understand more.

I have following queries.

1. I have the following two different scenario:

IDOC>XI>IDOC

IDOC>XIFileSystem

a. For both the scenarios the IDOC comes to XI from the same r/3 system. Is this Idoc picked up by any one of these two scenarios or both the scenarios will pick the Idocs and processed accordingly.

2. I want to deactivate the above two scenarios. What i did was in the integration repository I made few of the objects to "Being Processed" from Active state. But this did not help. Please let me know what i need to do to deactivate the scenarios so when the idocs come to XI then nothing happens.

Thanks and Regards,

SH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

<i>>>For both the scenarios the IDOC comes to XI from the same r/3 system. Is this Idoc picked up by any one of these two scenarios or both the scenarios will pick the Idocs and processed accordingly.</i>

Yes both will be triggered, if the same IDOC is used.

<i>

>>2. I want to deactivate the above two scenarios. What i did was in the integration repository I made few of the objects to "Being Processed" from Active state. But this did not help. Please let me know what i need to do to deactivate the scenarios so when the idocs come to XI then nothing happens.</i>

That won't help because they are still using the unactivated version. But the scenarios will be working only if you are triggering the IDoc from SAP.

Regards

Suraj

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys !

All your info really helped me.

I have given the points.

Thanks and regards,

Sandy

Message was edited by: Sandy H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm looking for the correct way to deactivate scenarious or channels... but I can only see the status... it is not chanable...How I can set the status inactive?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Channels which are based on java stack have the option in the

Advanced tab ->Adapter status -> Change to inactive status..

Above cannot be done for IDoc and Proxy channels..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Setting the adapter status to "Deactive" in communication channel helped me to stop creating the file and further process.

However I still see the messages get successfully processed in SXMB_MONI.

As suggested I made some change in the scenario and did not activate. But it did not help me.

Any other suggestions?

Tthanks and regards,

SH

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Once you done with Receiver Determination and Sender Agreement, Idoc will come to XI. As Idoc as a Sender Interface, then no need of having explicit Sender Agreement.

One way of solving your problem is do not trigger the Idoc. Or change the RFC destination in R/3 side.

Or delete the Receiver Determination. But deleting the Receiver Determination is nothing but creating new configuration scenarios whenever required.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

moorthy

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What Krishna told is the other alternative. But before deleting make sure that your Receiver Determination is used only by your scenario. Just give a look at the <b> Where used list (right click RD name)</b> for your RD.

Regards

Suraj

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

If you want the IDOC to be received by both the systems , one solution will be to go for one

Configuartion scenario, and with 2 receiver communication channels.

One for IDOC and the other for FILE.

You can send the IDOC to both the systems using RECEIVER DETERMINATION. In the receiver determination,

you can have multiple receivers for the configured receivers and leave the condition as empty.

Thereby, your source IDOC will go to 2 different receivers. You will also have to same 2 Interface Determinations.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sandy

1) Both the scenarios will pick up the idoc.

2) To deactivate the scenario, set both ur receiver idoc and receiver file adapter's status to 'Not Active' in your Integration Directory.

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to change something in the scenario then they will be in the deactivate state.

regards,

Sudheer.