cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3 job completion trigger a process chain to run on BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was wondering how I can trigger a process chain to run on BW 3.5 after a SM37 job completes on R3?

I have been searching the forums and the web, but I haven't found what I am looking for.

Thanks,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this:

You can also review OSS Note 135637.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Geo,

I think that is what I was looking for. Let me work with my ABAP'r and I will post back.

Thanks!

Nick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try this although it might seem very far fetched. You can use an RFC FM to trigger an event in BW once the Job in R/3 completes. With the help of this event raised you can trigger your process chain in BW. I know it is easier said than done, but i thought let me just start this discussion off.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pramod,

I would need a more detailed suggestion to implement, but thanks for starting the discussion.

I thought it would be as easy as this

1. Create an event in BW

2. Have a process chain that starts when that event is raised.

Having implemented and successfully tested steps 1 and 2, the rest should be simple (I was able to raise the event on BW locally and the chain did run as expected)

3. On R3, create a small ABAP program that calls the BP_EVENT_RAISED Function Module on R3.

4. Pass that Function Module the following parameters

A. My BW system name, and

B. The event name that I created on my BW system

5. Add that ABAP program to the end of the job on R3.

It doesn't work though! The event i created on BW, doesn't seem to exist from R3's perspective. I was hoping it was as easy as that. Hopefully I am missing something simple, but so far R3 does not want to cause the event on BW to be raised.

Thanks,

Nick

Edited by: Nick Bertz on Oct 13, 2008 12:19 PM

Edited by: Nick Bertz on Oct 13, 2008 12:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know it is not that simple.

Look the simpler parts are those involving only R/3 or only BW system. It does not need very high thinking to link events in one the systems alone. The big trouble comes when you need to link the events from one system to another.

For this you need to take help of some of the good R/3 consultants.

See this is how it goes. You need to create an Event in BW and also write a program that triggers that event here. The challenge here is to call this program from your R/3 system once the job completes. I am sorry i too do not have much knowledge about RFCs and stuff but i think it is possible to call a program in some other system.

Hope this was of some help.

Regards,

Pramod