Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro RFC2 MDI error

cezar_manechini
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm deploying a Java Web Dynpro application at CE 7.1.1, accesing a RFC function.

The Backend system is a SAP ECC 6.0

I'm using a the Adaptive RFC 2 Model to access the RFC, but when running it I receive the following error message:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.sap.mdi.ddtypes.DDDataelement.getFieldtexts(DDDataelement.java:219)
    at com.sap.dictionary.types.mdi.util.TextServices.
getFieldLabel(TextServices.java:67)
    at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDataType$TextService.
getFieldLabel(DdDataType.java:203)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.DataAttributeInfo.
getDisplayText(DataAttributeInfo.java:382)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.DataAttributeInfo.
getDisplayText(DataAttributeInfo.java:355)
    ... 115 more

I've successfuly configured the destinations at NWA -> Configuration Management -> Destinations

I could ping both destinations successfuly (Modeldata & Metadata).

The Functiom Module (ZOutboundDeliveryByTransp) is already RFC enabled, and I could access it from Visual Composer, using another destination.

I've tested the access to the same RFC with the Deprecated Adaptive RFC Model, and I got the same error.

Regards,

Cezar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

monalisa_biswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Cezar,

I think the problem is with the Function module output.

The function module is returning some values, which cant be displayed in the table. To track this issue, you add columns to the Table one by one and try to find for which column you are getting the error.

Hope it helps!

Mona

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have more or less the same error here...

I have imported the example project "TutWD_FlightList" in order to test the conectivy to an SAP backend system.

There were several warnings concerning deprecated elements and I have tried to fix what I consider most important.

When I launch the application in a browser I get the message:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.mdi.ddtypes.DDDataelement.getReptext(DDDataelement.java:166)

at com.sap.dictionary.types.mdi.util.TextServices.getColumnLabel(TextServices.java:115)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDataType$TextService.getColumnLabel(DdDataType.java:212)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.DataAttributeInfo.getDisplayText(DataAttributeInfo.java:379)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.DataAttributeInfo.getDisplayText(DataAttributeInfo.java:355)

... 138 more

Methods like "getColumnLabel" made me think that it was a table configuration related issue, thus I deleted the table gui element in the results view and the error was not showed anymore. But I need the table to ensure that the conection with the backend system works properly :S

I have tried to remove and make new tables elements several times and there isn´t any error/warnings neither building nor deploying, but when I run the application I get the NullPointerExcept again if the table is present in the view :S

The JCOs seem to be OK. I can ping and test both JCO against the backend system with no errors.

I think it has to be an easy question for a more experienced webdynpro developer. Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that it is having some problem with the datatype that is being returned by the RFC. Is there some special kind of data that you are trying to pass from RFC or are they just text values. If they are just text values then I would request you to re-import it once and give it a try.

Regards,

Murtuza

cezar_manechini
Explorer
0 Kudos

The application is very simple. It only has an Input Field and a Table to show the results.

Regards,

Cezar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if you have any dropdown by key in your application and if its texts property is binded to some context or not.

Regards,

Murtuza