Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSS notes - how to view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Given a note number how can view the details of this OSS note. Is it always safe to download the note in SNOTE transaction. How can i know what note numbers can be viewed(downloaded) in which version of system. Please help. Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have access to support portal NOTES can be viewed from

http://www.service.sap.com/

The Notes will itself contain to which version it is applicable. See the Sections "Affected Releases" and "Corrections Instructions"

Regards

Edited by: Rajvansh Ravi on Oct 15, 2008 6:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

note will be provided by SAP,

for that you need a user id and password

if you need to view a note

in search.sap.com you can view that

user id and password is provided by SAP

madan_ullasa
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OSS note can be viewd in SNOTE itself... and also in service.sap.com if you have a valid s-user id..

No issues if you download the Snote..for knowing the version to which the SNOTE is applicable that is mentioned in the SNOTE itself and also the pre-requisites...

You just go thru any SNOTE .. You will understand...

regds,

Madan..

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use SNOTE. The preferred way is to view the note through SAP service Marketplace(service.sap.com) You will need an account for this though.. The note is not applied till you Implement it. You can check the valid package for the note in the description and then check the package level of your system. If you are at a higher package level then the code corrections cannot be implemented.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you are having the Note Number....Goto service.sap.com and select notes search....and you will get all details of the OSS Notes...like any prerequisite note for that note, compatible SAP Version's, Correction Instruction's etc....

SNOTE will automatically take care of Version Compatibility.....

SNOTE doesn't work for OSS Notes related to Data Dictionary Objects and you need to apply them Manually.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Try this.May be this wud help u.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/collaboration.sdn?contenttype=url&content=https%3A//forums.sdn.sap.com/t...

And refer the oss notes 399739,640879

One more thing create the ODS based on this infosource then u will get it.

regards,

Prashant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

step 1 : if you want to refer through SAP note, go to SAP service Marketplace(service.sap.com).

step 2 :Check the valid package for the note in the description then check the package level of your system.(system->status->sap system data)

step 3 : IF package level is low then upgrade the packege level then apply notes.

step 4 : If you are at a higher package level then code corrections cannot be implemented.

steap5 :

Steps for implementing sap notes.

a)go to Transaction u2018snoteu2019

b)Select goto in the menu bar and click on option u2018Download SAP Noteu2019.

(If download SAP Note option not working please check the RFC u2013 OSSSAP test connection )

c)Give the Note number which you want to implement.

Press execute button.

d)Select the note which you want to apply .

Select sapnote in the menu bar and click on implement SAP note

Hope the above steps answers all your doubts.

Regards,

Rachel

0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

I was looking at your response from the above query. I'm having a problem in viewing the OSS notes. I'm using firefox as my browser. I was able to log in to SAP Service Marketplace unfortunately every time I key-in the desired OSS NOTES in SAP Support Portal it always ask for a username and password and during this, I can't view the OSS note that I wanted to view. I have read a few conversation, is there something that I need to register or change password for this?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Arnold

0 Kudos

Click on Benefit From Single Sign-on once certificate installed, go to Firefox option and select automatic selection of certificate.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Thanks Raymond. The account is now working well.

Regards,

Arnold

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.