cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Watch Alerts Problem in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to configure EWA for my SAP R/3 systems in Solution Manager 3.2. RFC connections are working fine. EWA report that is getting generated is showing me following problem :

• <b>EarlyWatch Alert - R/3 System</b>**********

<b>Download Problem</b>

We could not perform a correct analysis because essential parts of the download data are missing. The cause is probably a problem with data collection or transfer.

Recommendation: Please check the log for this session in the Service Data Control Center (execute transaction SDCC or the new SDCCN in your system). If an error entry is listed, perform the Service Preparation Check.

Implementation: To perform the Service Preparation Check, execute transaction SDCC and choose Information-> Service prep. check or if you use SDCCN create a new task 'Service Preparation Check'.

The result of Service Preparation check ( as recommended) is not throwing any error.

Can anyone help me out on this.

Regards,

Yashodhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Yashodhan Mujumdar,

please have a look in SMSY at the RFCs for the satellite system, they must be completly ok; when you go to the EWA-Error there should be a link into the SDCCN of the satellite system, this should work.

Go to SDCCN of the satellite system an make the following check:

SDCCN -> Goto -> Settings -> Task specific

Open the tree and go to RFC Destination Settings, click on the settings icon on the right and have a look at the RFCs there. There should be a RFC SM_<sid>CLNT<client>_BACK pointing to your SolMan System Client; this RFC must work.

You can test this RFC with SM59 -> Test -> Authorization

Have a look also at the other settings, the task processor should be active with a job frequency of Hourly. You should see it in the Tab "Task log".

If all this works, go to the main SDCCN "To Do" window and look for a task "Maintanance Package". If you find one, mark the row and do Edit -> Start now, else create one.

This usually finds the missing EWA tasks.

Please refresh the output.

There must alwasy exist such a "Maintanance" Task scheculed for weekly frequency.

If you find an Early Whatch Task (look at the Task Id, it should correspond with the one of SolMan), you can use "Edit -> Start Now" for it.

Bye.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Riccardo,

Thanks for the reply. I think I couldn't make the problem very clear to you.

The RFC connections are working fine. Even the EWA generations are also happening in Satellite System with the same task id as that in Solution Manager.

The EWA report that is getting generated on Solution Manager says that there is some "<b>Download Problem</b>" with the message as quoted earlier. I think whatever data is coming in the report is because <b>"Approximate Download"</b> is enabled in SDCCN-GoTo-Settings-Task Specific-Session Data Collection-Data Request-Settings.

Task log on satellite system for EWA throws up some warnings and errors like:

<b>Warning: Difference in Function Interface

Error: Interface Data Missing:001158</b>

For your reference I am attaching the complete Task log here with this message (<b>EWA Task log.txt</b>)

Warning message asks for running Report RTCCTOOL.Even this doesn't work. All results are coming as green.

Regards,

Yashodhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The same problem I had a week ago

Check the NOTES >>>781680 and 727998

Page 9

> if_data_missing 7

SSF_COLLECT_DATA_FOR_SDCC_INST : include generation of 083000 failed

Interface data missing: 083000

> if_data_missing 7

SSF_COLLECT_DATA_FOR_SDCC : include generation of 082000 failed

Interface data missing: 082000

> if_data_missing 7

SSF_COLLECT_DATA_FOR_SDCC_SERV : include generation of 082002 failed

Interface data missing: 082002

> if_data_missing 7

SSF_COLLECT_DATA_FOR_SDCC_DB : include generation of 082001 failed

Interface data missing: 082001 > if_data_missing

A: The service definitions will have to be completely replaced, as described in note 727998.

One more question could you please try run transaction

SDCC and after SDCCN

If both transaction run you have to deactivate transaction SDCC

Just go to SDCCN UTILITIES and click Activate.

If everything looks ok just check ste setting according the mentioned notes

Peter

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Yashodhan Mujumdar,

we have warnings about differences in the function interface, but all works, so we ignore them.

But the missing data interface seems to be the error.

Did you read note 781680?

Do you have the newest ST-PI (2005_1_xxx SP3) and ST/A-PI (01G_xxx, this is an installation, no patch)? Do you have the right flavour of ST/A-PI?

Are ST03N and ST06 working?

Do you refresh service definitions from sapnet? Did you generate (after service refresh) on the solution manager system the includes (SPRO -> SAP Solution Manager -> Basic settings -> SAP Solution Manager System -> Operations -> Setup Service Data Control Center -> Generate Includes....

If these checks are all ok you might deactivate SDCCN both in satellite system and solution manager (SMSY -> Goto -> Solution Manager Operations -> Administration SDCCN) and activate it again.

If this doesn't work you might use the big hammer:

1) delete all the service definitions in satellite system like described in note 727998

2) delete all entries in table /BDL/_GENER (satellite system)

3) create in SolMan system a new session in order to collect and send data for this session in satellite system; if you don't see the session in the satellite system please execute there the "Maintenance Package"

4) elaborate the data for this new session in SolMan system

If all this doesn't help, open a message in sapnet

Bye

Message was edited by: Riccardo Escher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Riccardo and Peter for the help. I had to use a hammer to solve the same as suggested by you. (Note 727998)

Yashodhan

Answers (0)