cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blanket Purchase Order - process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone provide me, the complete procss abt Blanket purchase order i.e the complete cycle.

as well, let us know, in whihc case , they will use this blankent orders.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

By its name we can understand that i single blanket covers the big requirement then it may for the longer time...The same is the case here also...

Firstly you make the PO, with the document FO and item catagory B...this provides the limits to the validity periods and the value limits in the PO...

Ie. you it makes the fields like validity and value limit mandatory...

Now the process is :

1. Make the service PO..with doc type FO and item cat B...

2. Here GR is not made...because its unnecessary

3. Based on the PO dates, we directly make the Invoice..and pay to vendor....

Pls check the link for more information:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/c3/72cbf155cd11d189660000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

hope it helps..

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1- When you create the blanket order, I am using acct assignment key as 'U'. When I do an invoice in MIRO, how do I enter the cost center and GL...I select the layout for "4_6310 Acct Assignment" but I can not enter anything...is there some config that needs to be done for this?

2- When I enter the Blanket PO no while doing MIRO, the system doesn't bring the PI (invoice) vendor partner to the detail screen and therefore gives an error that "reconciliation account is missing"...because the reconciliation account exists in PI vendor partner. When I use a regular PO for the same vendor, the PI vendor partner gets populated automatically and I get no reconciliation account error. Any idea how this works for blanket PO?

3- Can the invoices for blanket orders be seen in PO history tab in ME23N?

4- What needs to be in place to use account assignment 'K' with item cat 'B'?

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

3- Can the invoices for blanket orders be seen in PO history tab in ME23N? Ans) yes you can find invoices there.

hope it helps

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

and how do you resolve? I'm in the same case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Q1- When you create the blanket order, I am using acct assignment key as 'U'. When I do an invoice in MIRO, how do I enter the cost center and GL...I select the layout for "4_6310 Acct Assignment" but I can not enter anything...is there some config that needs to be done for this?

Answer 1 - THis is not COnfig relevant, there is an Icon in the Acct assgt column, that when selected, prompts a window for entering the COst objects

Q2- When I enter the Blanket PO no while doing MIRO, the system doesn't bring the PI (invoice) vendor partner to the detail screen and therefore gives an error that "reconciliation account is missing"...because the reconciliation account exists in PI vendor partner. When I use a regular PO for the same vendor, the PI vendor partner gets populated automatically and I get no reconciliation account error. Any idea how this works for blanket PO?

Answer2 - Sounds like missing config. MM > Purchasing > partner determination > Partner settings in Purchasing Documents > Assign Partner schema to Docuemnt types. Make it the same schema as the doc type for which it works.

Q3- Can the invoices for blanket orders be seen in PO history tab in ME23N?

Answer 3 yes

4- What needs to be in place to use account assignment 'K' with item cat 'B'?

Answer4 - Config, MM > Purchasing > Accoutn Assignment > Define COmbination of Item Category and Account assignement category.

Cheers !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brock,

Q1- When you create the blanket order, I am using acct assignment key as 'U'. When I do an invoice in MIRO, how do I enter the cost center and GL...I select the layout for "4_6310 Acct Assignment" but I can not enter anything...is there some config that needs to be done for this?

Answer 1 - THis is not COnfig relevant, there is an Icon in the Acct assgt column, that when selected, prompts a window for entering the COst objects... I know about the icon...problem is that when I click on it, ithe window that open up has only one field that is open for input (amount)...when I enter amount, it says enter GL account but the GL acct and all other field are greyed out...that is why I thought maybe there is some config involved...

- What needs to be in place to use account assignment 'K' with item cat 'B'?

Answer4 - Config, MM > Purchasing > Accoutn Assignment > Define COmbination of Item Category and Account assignement category.....This exists but the error says "Indicator for GR used not allowed

Message no. MEPO023"...

Edited by: Faiz Khan on Oct 28, 2008 10:50 PM

Hi Brock...thanx for your help...I know where I went wrong.....thanx again....

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SAP, Blanket Purchase Orders refer to the business process where you have a Purchase Order with a validity period (start / end date) and a limit on the item. No Goods Receipt takes place. Payment is triggered by Invoice.

Multiple invoices can be processed. Main point is that invoices must be processed within the validity period spesified in PO. The total value of invoices must also not exceed the limit spesified in PO item. The validity period is spesified on PO Header Level, while the Limit is on Item level. The creation of Purchase requisition is Optional.

Purchase Requisitions doesn't have validity period fields, although the limit can be spesified on item level. So if users create PR's then they could type the validity period simply as text in one of the long text fields.

During invoicing, if the date is outside validity period or the amount is bigger, either a Warning or Error will occur. This setting is done in customising.

Examples on where this business process can be used include: Services: example buying flowers, travel. Perticular if the receipt process is not very formalised. It is also sometimes used for utilities (water, electricity...).

Look at processes where Financial invoices (no PO) are used. To improve control, a lot of vendor invoices could be moved to Blanket Order process.

Lets look at key fields in the Purchase Order

The Overall Limit is the value that will be used to in the check during invoicing. If Commitment is switched on in Costing, the Expected value is the value of the commitment against in this case the Cost Centre. The actual will be posted during invoicing.

Account assignment is mandatory, so this process is non stock purposes only. Stock can not be procured using this method (For stock a GR is required).

Because no Goods Receipt (GR) will take place, the GR indicator is switched off when the item category is selected

Read the Rules Use the Search...........