cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LogOn Page, How to set the "GET SUPPORT" link to my web dynpro application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are on EP7 / ECC 6

Clients wanted to reset their passwords from the logon screen. I have enabled the get support link in logon page.But unfortunately in my company every user doesn't have e-mail. So the requirement is, when the user gives uid, lastname, first name on the password reset screen it should reset to default password.(reset to lastname + last four digits of SSN). I wrote a seperate webdynpro applicaiton which pulls the ssn from R/3 and does this.

SAP provides web dynpro application for password reset. Initially i thought I could modify existing application. But as i couldn't get the source and I am not sure how to get the current executable to NWDS, I started creating new web dynpro app.

Now I wanted to place my webdynpro for get_support link. I know where to change it but not sure how to change it. I have two options:

1. The link is hard coded in LogOnBean java of umelogonbase.jar. I have decompiled this classfile and I can replace the link with my application link, but I am not able to compile it(as a standalone java from command prompt) back as some packages are missing(two packages are missing, I couldn't get them and place them in my class path). I tried doing it thru NWDS but I am not sure of the process.(I down loaded the jadclipse decompiler plug in to NWDS but some how I am not able to change).

2. I think I can modify the UMLogonPage.jsp, where in once jsp got the url string from logonbean.java, I wanted to do cosmetic changes to this url and replace the substring with my url. But I wanted to test it, before I can pack as jar and then par and deply it. How could I test this jsp page? how could I make sure that what I am doing is correct before the actual deployment??

Can some one please suggest? please suggest me some easy way of doing it.

Thank You,

Hari.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I implemented the solution I proposed in the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harikrishna

The solution you posted in your thread isn't displayed properly.

Since I have a smimilar issue, would you please explain what you did and where you did it?

Perhaps you could use the -Tag to avoid other display-errors...

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I just modified the umLogonPage.jap. Just changed one line of code:

Original statement :

logonBean.getLogonURL(proxy,"gotoHelpPage=")

replaced this with:

logonBean.getLogonURL(proxy,"gotoHelpPage=").replaceAll("webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc~sec~ume~wd~enduser/LogonHelpApp","webdynpro/dispatcher/mycompany.com/pwdrst/PasswordResetApp")

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thank You,

Hari.

Edited by: Harikrishna Gurram on Oct 29, 2008 8:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari Krishna,

I have to do label changes on the logonhelpapp. Looking to get the executables into NWDS and do it. Can we do that? Or for changing labels also we need to create new webdynpro application?

Can you please let me know how did u create the webdynpro application and what RFC's u ussed to get the functionality work with your custom webdynpro?

Thanks,

KML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what I'm saying is, remove the get support link from the logon page and add a new link to your application

.../webdynpro/dispatcher/namespace/YourApp

hope this help you

regards

DV

Former Member
0 Kudos

That might work if I am not having proxy. But for the proxy we will be having the redirected URL. That is the reason why I wanted to make use of the LogOnBean class from UMELogOnBase.Jar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Assume that I have modified the jsp page. I have placed this link in the jsp page. How could I test that it is working with out deploying it. Is there any way?? When I was doing development with websphere I used to have the option to run the jsp, "right click jsp and select 'run on server'". How could I do it when I am using NWDS?

Thank You,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody answer this. I find difficulty in modifying the Java files, I am thinking of placing the following statement umlogonpage.jsp:

Original statement in Jsp is:

<a class=urLnk href="<%=logonBean.getLogonURL(proxy,"gotoHelpPage=")%>">

I am thinking of replacing it with:

<a class=urLnk href="<%=logonBean.getLogonURL(proxy,"gotoHelpPage=").replaceAll("webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcsecumewdenduser/LogonHelpApp","webdynpro/dispatcher/abc.com/pwdrst/PasswordResetApp")%>">

Do you think It will work??

Thanks,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

try this ...

open the umLogonBotAre.txt

and add a relative link to your App

<TR>

<TD border=0 width="100%" align="left">

<h4>

<a href="/webdynpro/dispatcher/abc.com/pwdrst/PasswordResetApp">PWD Reset</a>

</h4>

</td>

</tr>

regards

DV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can customize the loggin page to make a link that point to your application

Check this blog

Regards

DV

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already gone thru that link .... It doesn't explain on changing the Java code. If I want to place anonymous links I can place them on JSP, that is not my concern.

Thanks for your time,

Hari.