cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Access Control 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

we are in this situation: our customer wants to install SAP GRC Access Control 5.3.

First question: is it possible to install SAP GRC without activate Java Service Program Manager (JSPM)?

Second question: is it possible to use GRC transaction just in SAP or it is needed to the platform NW 7.0 with AS Java? Is it sufficient to have installed Real Time Agent on SAP to work with GRC?

Third question: how could I manage the analysis of the Segregation of duties? There is/are one or more tables which I could customize?

Best regards

Tina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tina,

Please go through installation guide for GRC 5.3 at SAP Service Marketplace.

First question: is it possible to install SAP GRC without activate Java Service Program Manager (JSPM)?

As of SAP NetWeaver Release 2004s, Java Support Package Manager (JSPM) is used to implement

support package stacks, Java support packages, and to install additional components such as SAP ERP, SAP Customer Relationship Management, and SAP Supplier Relationship Management.

Note: The Software Deployment Manager (SDM) is no longer used; however, if you have a previous

version of SAP GRC Access Control installed, you must uninstall it with the SDM before you can install SAP GRC Access Control 5.3. For more information see the SAP GRC Access Control 5.3 Upgrade Guide.

Second question: is it possible to use GRC transaction just in SAP or it is needed to the platform NW 7.0 with AS Java? Is it sufficient to have installed Real Time Agent on SAP to work with GRC?

Visit Installation Guide under Software Requirements section.

Web/Application server = SAP Web Application Server 700 u2013 SP12 or above, with Java/J2EE

Stack

Below are few VIRSA transactions that you access in your backend system.

/VIRSA/VFAT Firefighter

/VIRSA/VRMT Role Expert

/VIRSA/ALERTGEN Activity Monitoring

/VIRSA/MICCONFIG Virsa MIC User mapping Configuration

/VIRSA/ORGUSRMAPPING Maintain ORGUSERS table

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/profile?userid=3486185

Third question: how could I manage the analysis of the Segregation of duties? There is/are one or more tables which I could customize?

You can customize.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tina,

You have to install SAP GRC on WEB AS Java and it comes with JSPM. Even GRC components are now installed using JSPM, so need not to be afraid of JSPM :).

You will need WEB AS Java whether it is Netweaver 2004(Kernel 6.40) or Netweaver 2004s(Kernel level 7.0 or higher). Real time Agent is just and interface to communicate between ABAP/JAVA system with GRC Java components, which needs to be installed on backend(ABAP like R/3 or JAVA like EP) system.

There are SAP Standard rules and you can nmake your own rules according to your client/company requirement. It will take effort to record all rules if it is not already dome. Then you can analyze them according to your choice and customization.

Hopw it helps.

Regards,

Sabita Das

303PAUL
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Tina, you will need a java AS system to run GRC 5.3 except for what use to be Fire Fighter and is now called SFF Super User Privledge Mgt. It can be any Java 7.0 system you just need to create a java connector on the java side to the back-end SAP system. Once you have a java side system, you will need to know the SDM password for the JSPM tool. SDM is still used by JSPM. You could use SDM to deploy the GRC components, if you have to but if you have SDM, you will have JSPM. I'm not sure about the last question...I'm just a Basis guy. Hoep this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tina,

I dont think it is possible to Install SAP GRC 5.3 with out JSPM as it is going to replace the old SDM.

As of SAP NetWeaver Release 2004s, Java Support Package Manager (JSPM) is used to implement

support package stacks, Java support packages, and to install additional components such as SAP ERP,

SAP Customer Relationship Management, and SAP Supplier Relationship Management.

The Software Deployment Manager (SDM) is no longer used; however, if you have a previous

version of SAP GRC Access Control installed, you must uninstall it with the SDM before you can install SAP GRC Access Control 5.3. For more information see the SAP GRC Access Control 5.3 Upgrade Guide.

I dont think you would want to use any SAP GRC application from backend ABAP SAP system and it wont work. SAP GRC Access Control 5.3 is Webbased application with JCO connectors running between the JSPM java stack and ABAP RTAs of all SAP GRC Applications.

You need to work out on the SOD rules Customization part if your company wants to include Customization tables, Custom Authorization Objects, Custom Transactions.SAP GRC provides a library of SOD Conflict rules that you can use immediately after installation of the Rules library.

Regards,

Kiran Kandepalli