cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting different delivery address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I have a material that is subject to subcontracting. The order is placed at vendor 1 but the components first need to be delivered to vendor 2. After vendor 2 is finished, he will deliver the components to vendor 1. Vendor 1 will do his thing and deliver it back to the plant. Vendor 1 will invoice. Vendor 2 only acts as delivery address. How to capture this in SAP?

Thx,

MdZ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a new address in transaction MEAN with address group purchasing

And while creating PO in delivery address tab in address field select this address

Try it,it should work

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For subcontracting it is taking the address of the customer of the vendor, i.e. the ship-to. This cannot be influenced through the vendor (as far as I know). I can add a different ship-to in the corresponding customer master record but it will the be applicable for all transactions for this subcontracting vendor. Any other options?

Regards,

MdZ

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create the delivery address and get the address no and to default it always in PO, you have to implement following exit;

MMDA0001 - Default delivery addresses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. However, the ship-to is only determined during creation of the delivery. I can't see the ship-to anywhere in the PO.

Regards,

MdZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyone a suggestion the for a user-exit in tcode ME2o in order to be able to change the delivery address/ ship-to address for the ship-to subcontracting address?

MdZ

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Revise your process, you may have a gap in there.

If you have to send your material to a vendor2 while you place a Subcontract PO at vendor1, who is paying this vendor1? or does vendor1 work for free?

You probably just missed to create another subcontract order to vendor2 with delivery adress ob vendor1 (with setting flag for subcontract vendor)

Then you vendor2 does his job, sends material to vendor1 and invoice to you. you do the GR for subcontract order of vendor2 and this posts the material to subcontract vendor 1.

Then vendor1 does his job and sends finished good to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for your reply. Vendor 2 will send an invoice to vendor 1 in this case.

I've thought about 2 subcontracting orders as well but the problem with that is, that I need to send components twice.

I.e. component A & B need to be sent and we receive material C.

So PO 1 subcontracting for vendor 1 with BOM for material C to be received and A & B to be sent. Stokc at subcontractor is material A & B.

So in case I create another subcontracting order but for vendor 2 which needs to be delivered to vendor 1, which material do I send to vendor 2? In case this is C, and I do GR for PO2, the material will be booked into vendor stocks, What do I do with that material?

Regards,

MdZ

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try one thing (I haven't )

Create a second ship to partner in the customer master record.

With standard SD processes, SAP is asking to choose then the ship-to when you enter an order.

As subcontracting uses the SD delivery. Maybe, you get a pop-up to choose the ship-to partner when creating the delivery with ME2O.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Tried this already. It doesn't come up with the pop-up. I've added a 2nd ship-to but it will only take the one that has been made default. I am going to look for a badi for the delivery.

thanks for the suggestions.

MdZ

Answers (0)