cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal 8 Web Component Server on Windows 2003 Server and IIS 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to get Crystal 8 Web Component and Page Server to run on Windows 2003 Server with IIS 6. I have done the following:

• Added the .cri and .rpt ISAPI extension mappings

• Have Cache ISAPI extentions selected

• Deselected "verify that file exists"

• Aded the .cri and .rpt MIME types

• Added wcsinsapi.dll as a IIS 6.0 extension

The above resolved all HTTP 40x.x errors but when trying to access a report from IE I receive the following error:

Error: Could not connect to the Web Component Server.

The page server and web component server services are running and I do see the listen ports (6401, 6403) active.

I know this is old software but it works quite well under a Windows 2000 Server and other web postings indicate that it is possible to run Crystal 8 under WS2003 and IIS 6.

Does any one know of a white paper/support document that details how to run Crystal 8 under Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6?

Has any one done this successfully?

Any tips as to cause of the "Could Not Connect" problem would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kenneth,

as you refer to the legacy technology I recommend to post this query to the [Legacy Application Development SDKs|; forum.

This forum is dedicated to topics related to legacy SDKs, including the Report Designer Component (RDC), OCX, ASP, VCL, and Crystal Reports Print Engine (CRPE).

It is monitored by qualified technicians and you will get a faster response there.

Also, all Legacy Application Development SDKs queries remain in one place and thus can be easily searched in one place.

Thanks a lot,

Falk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You. I will post it to the legacy forum.