cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending an automatic mail on changing message status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I faced this problem previously where i wanted to send a mail to the key user as soon as the message status of any Service Desk message changes from new to In Progress. I received a SAP Tutor file from SAP Support which showed the whole process of configuring it. I implemented it and it was working fine. Now i have this situation that i want to send an email to the user everytime the message status is changed. So what i basically did was that i editted the condition to include all the statuses.

Now the problem i am facing is that the email is only sent when the message status is changed for the first time. Any subsequent changes later on dont result in mail being delivered. Actually that action of

sending mail is not being generated after the first time. Please help mein this regard.

Regards,

Bilal Nazir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check this post:

[http://www.renet-web.net/2009/07/23/automated-emails-in-sap-solution-manager-made-easy/|http://www.renet-web.net/2009/07/23/automated-emails-in-sap-solution-manager-made-easy/]

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilal,

Is your query fully resolved?

Regards,

Naresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please send me the iTutor too?

My email is "rjpiets@hotmail.com".

Thanks a lot!

Remy Piets

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I need this tutor too .

blake.le@sap.com

Thank you .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilal,

I am also working on this. Kindly send me the Itutor file. naveenkyo@gmail.com

Thanks

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilal,

Could you please send me the Steps for configuring the Mailing system for the status changes for Service Desk @ krishna_akumar@rediffmail.com

Please provide me with the docs if any releated to this.

regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilal,

to allow the action be executed repetead times, you must define the "Action Mergeing" as "<b>Max. 1 Unprocessed Action for Each Action Definition</b>"

You can set-up this configuration under transaction <i>SPPFCADM</i>, select <i>CRM_ORDER</i>, press button "<b>Define Action profile and Actions</b>", select your action profile (ex. <i>SLFN0001_ADVANCED</i>), and then select the action that sends the mail.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Gustav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem, i have recieved the tutor from SAP, i think it should be the same one, as you have mentioned. But unfortunately both the scenario's are not working for me.

Scenario 1: Mail to be sent on status change.

Scenario 2: Send email to message creator.

Anyone who has been able to configure either of the scenario, could you kindly share the knowledge for doing this.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please send the tutor file to me too,my id is cherryven@yahoo.com.I was looking for this cofiguration document for a long time.

Thanks & Regards,

sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

The tutor is an attachment on note 691303

Enjoy,

Erik

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chetan,

First of all, are you using SolMan 3.2 or 3.1? I am asking that because the SAP Tutor file shows old version of Service Desk. If you have 3.2, are you working with SLFN transaction type or SLF1? With SLFN, you have to change action profile SLFN0001_ADVANCED. In order to send email on status change, create a new action as explained in the SAP Tutor, but using the correct action profile. Then create a condition for action for the correct status profile. It should work, it works for me..

I use the standard action "Email to message creator" to send email to message creator. I just configured "Max. 1 Unprocessed Action for Each Action Definition", Scheduled Automatically, Partner Dependent and put the message creator partner function in the Action Definition.

If it does not work for you, please explain in details what you have done and if you have any error message.

Did you check the Actions tabstrip in your Service Desk Message? You have all the log of the actions there, if the action was scheduled and did not work, you should find an error.

Regards,

Raquel Cunha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel,

I have 3.2 and i have used SLF1. Action profile used is SLFN0001_STANDARd. I will check with SLFN0001_ADVANCED and revert back to you.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel,

Using SLFN0001_ADVANCED the solution worked.

Thank you for the valuable inputs.

Regards,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

I am having the same problem, thank you for your help. I will follow. I have a question, I need to send mails to employee responsible, reported by, person responsible , basically more than one person. How do i do that?

Please help.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

> to allow the action be executed repetead times, you

> must define the "Action Mergeing" as "<b>Max. 1

> Unprocessed Action for Each Action Definition</b>"

what are the settings to only make it fire once during the creation of the message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have setup the email notification successfully using SLFN_ADVANCED action profile. Mails are going to Person resp, emp resp, report by... when the status changes. But next thing

1)the message is contined in SMART form, how to send message as text in email not another attachment?

2) how to get all the subjexct line of email sent with message number in it rather than generic message 'service transaction w/message'

My client wants 1) and 2).

Please help.

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Here's the answer for your question #1.

In transaction SCOT under SMTP node - internet settings - output formats the setting for SAPscript/Smart Forms is set to PDF. Change it to TXT, this will populate the body of the email and not send a PDF attachement.

For Question #2, my ABAPer just started looking into it, I'll let you know once I have a solution.

Let me know if this helps.

Salpi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salpi

Thank you very much. I would appreciate if you could let me know about solution for (2) once you have it.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would also like to know this answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

To be able to include the service desk message in the subject of your email, here's what you have to do in your smartform, in the description field, include &

example:

<u><b>Form: </b> </u> ZZCRM_SLFN_ORDER_SERVICE_01

<u><b>Description: </b></u> Service Desk Message <b>&</b>

It works for us.

let me know if this works for you.

Salpi

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

See thread:

Best regards,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I manage to trigger the mails whenever the status change but how can i include the status in the email body or subject line

Please help

Thank you

BR

Saravanan Ramasamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sara,

you should open a new thread for your problem.

Edited by: Christian Kaunzner on Nov 18, 2008 8:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

To change the type and format of your message follow the step below.

1. In transaction SCOT under SMTP node - internet settings - output formats, the setting for SAPscript/Smart Forms is set to PDF. Change it to TXT, this will populate the body of the email and not send a PDF attachment.

2. In the customizing for your condition set the subject to 'service transaction w/message'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr Bilal ,

Can you please share that iTutor file with me . Or tell me the path from where did u get it . my email ID is kohli.chirag@gmail.com .

Thanks in advance

Best regards

chirag kohli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Chirag

I have sent you the file on the address you mentioned in your reply. I would also like you look into action "SLFN0001_STANDARD_STATUS" and see if you can find a better solution to it. Cuz i think that this would be the standard practice but it remains Inactive although i did configured it according to my condition but its not working exactly according to my requirements.

Please respond if it helps you solve your problem or you find an alternative.

Regards,

Bilal Nazir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please send me the iTutor too?

My email is "zobair.lamarti@b-holding.be".

Thanks a lot!

Zobair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Send me please too!

varna81@mail.ru

Thank you!