cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to generate solution manager key (step) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the mid to install new sap system, could you advise me the step how to generate solution manager key from Solution Manager system.

Thank You and Best Regards

Fernand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto SMSY tcode, Add you new system and then right click on it and go to other objects and

generate key, enter your host name sid systemnuber and then generate the key.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernand,

Execute t-code SMSY in your solution manager system and select other object from the menu.In the popup select key generation another pop up will come ,here give the SID ,system number and the hostname of the message server and click on genegare key.It will give you the key.

For more onformation ckeck below note and link.

sap note - 811923

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/EN/45/50b3347f166600e10000000a114a6b/content.htm

Regards

Ashok

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check the below steps :

What's the procedure for generating the 'SAP Solution Manager Key' in SAP Solution Manager?

The following procedure is required to generate the 'SAP Solution Manager Key' in SAP Solution Manager:

Go to system landscape maintenance (transaction SMSY) in SAP Solution Manager

If the system is not maintained yet, please create the ECC system

Generate the key

Enter the key in the installation / upgrade tool for mySAP ERP

For further information, please refer to SAP Note 811923.

form link :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ce68fda1-0c01-0010-f88b-f5fc4e9d...

Regards,

S.Manu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to open/execute transaction SMSY whereas my installation has not been completed and it is asking for Solution Manager key.

P.S. I'm a newbie. It will better for if you explain it elaborately with screenshot.

-Thanks in advance