cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO by Email - Error - E-mail address incorrect or non-existent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

While sending PO by mail, I am getting following error, I have configured output type in NACE , External send as well as maintained email id in Vendor as well as for my SAP Logon Id , Maintained SCOT setting also, after giving the message if i click on Prn Previw, I am getting following error

E-mail address incorrect or non-existent

Message no. ME740

What could be the reason ?

Thanks in advance

Rgds,

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check if you have maintained the Vendor mail id in the Vendor master data using XK02, if not then maintain it.

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already maintained Vendor email thru XK02 as well as done al setting in NACE & SU01

Wht could be the reason ?

I had sucessfully configured the same process in my last 2 projects, it's working fine, but here I don't know wht's wrong ?

Rgds,

Vikas

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

I've the same problem, how did you solve it?

Thanks

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am shooting in the dark here but could this be a problem with the Smartform/SAPScript you have used to generate the PO output. Please check the driver program and form used if they are not standard SAP codes. The error may not be for the recipient's email id but soem data to be displayed on the PO output itself.

Best thing would be to place a breakpoint at the message and debug.

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It can also come if somebody has done some changes in the communication Strategy (CS01) ... check that... im not really sure what to check there though...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

I'd like to add another possibility of causing this Error (ME740), although this thread is already answered. I had the same issue, an I checked every hint given in this thread.

The reason i got this error was a setting in SCOT in the SMTP node: Check the Settings for the "Supported adress types" an then in "internet" (checkbox needs to be filled). Then check, if the Email or Email-Domain you used in SU01 is mentioned in the "address area " Box.

All sender adresses need to be mentioned in the "adress area". Otherwise the Mail will not go out.

sundancer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Arne! It was my issue!

I would never guess SAP was going so far in the process to determine the possibility to process the output message 😞

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor

hi

check following settings

You need to do some configuration for this.

u2022 Goto NACE .

u2022 Select EF and click on OUTPUT TYPES.

u2022 Then select Output Type NEU and click on processing routines .

u2022 In that you have to add a new entry - medium 5 .

u2022 Then you need to assign a program, form routine and form.

u2022 You can use the standard program i.e. SAPFM06P, FORM routine is always ENTRY_NEU and standard MEDRUCK.

u2022 Then in PARTNER FUNCTION you need to add a new entry : medium - 5 and function - VN .

u2022 For subject of the mail goto Mail Title and Texts. In title give PO No. &EKKO-EBELN& .

u2022 Under General data -> Replacement of text symbols give programm as SAPMM06E and Form Routine as

TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE .

u2022 Now the subject will be PO No. 1800004202.

u2022 You need to maintain your email id in tcode SU01 and also the vendor's email id.

u2022 Now while creating a new purchase order , change the medium to External Send .

u2022 Then goto Communication Method and select CS01 . ALSO make sure that the Cover Page Text has value PO No. &EKKO-EBELN& .

u2022 Goto tcode ME9F .

u2022 Execute.

u2022 Select the checkbox and click on Output Message.

u2022 You will get a message MAII 00000000000001 generated .

u2022 Use note no 191470

regards

kunal

tobkle
Explorer
0 Kudos

Message ME740 is also thrown, if the SMTP node is in-active. Activate it in transaction SCOT SMTP settings. In my opinion this is a mis-leading error in that case. After activating that this error is gone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an issue with the SCOT. Please contact your basis team. The Mail Host should be set under SMTP connection and the "Node in Use" needs to be checked