cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Data Services 3.1 - Job Server Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the error of connectivity between client and job server in a multi-user environment.

Scenario:

After the installation in client pc, tried to run a test job and it is FAILED.

However, tried to run the test job in web portal - Data Services Management Console, job run and TESTED OK.

The error message we got in client pc: Job Server - Notification server error (BODI-1241023)

Would appreciate that is anyone in this forum would able to help out this issue and share to me.

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

werner_daehn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This means the jobserver cannot initiate a connection to the Designer. Is there a firewall somewhere, maybe the windows firewall?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. The job server cannot initiate the connection to the Designer. The firewall has turn off.

Client pc is able to ping to the server, yet the server unable to ping client!

Is there anything goes wrong between?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the JobServer log in the %LINK_DIR%\log\<JobServerName>\server_eventlog_<date>.log file

look for the following entry

Sending notification to <inet:ip-address:port number> here ip-address is the ip-address of the Designer machine, try to ping from the job server machine on that ip or try to do a telnet

telnet <ip-address> <port number>

what is the status of JobServer on Designer?

where is you DI webServer installed? on the same machine as Designer ? or on the JobServer machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm still having the same problem.

Client PC is able to ping DI Job Server, but Job Server failed to ping client.

Btw, is there any problem, if the client pc with dynamic ip address? or it must be in fix IP address?

DI webserver is installed on the same machine as Job server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you try by setting the following entry in the DSConfig.txt in %LINK_DIR%\bin folder on the machine where Designer is installed under [Repository] Section

UseDomainName=TRUE

Exit Designer and Open Designer again

werner_daehn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

UseDomainName is for the direction Designer-to-Jobserver. Here we have a problem with the reverse, haven't we?

Above settings ensures the servermanager writes the full hostname.domain of the jobserver into the AL_MACHINE_INFO table instead of the hostname alone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried. I'm still having the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, is direction JobServer-to-Designer.

werner_daehn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you cannot even ping the server it has to be somehing on network level. Have you disabled any firewall on the Designer computer? Any firewall in the network between those two?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Designer can ping Job Server with reply, but Job Server unable to ping Designer. Besides firewall at Designer has turned off.

However, finally found out the root cause - network issue. My network administrator had opened the port for Job Server to ping back to Designer, and now both can communicate each other.

Hence, Designer able to connect to Job Server.

Thanks for you guys help.

Best Regards,

Yann Luan