cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between MK01 and FK01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

I am trying to understand how MM is integrated with AP.

I started my investigation with a PO and followed all document postings for a item in a PO which has both GR and IR.

What i realised is ; FI docs for GR has same vendor #(sayX) as in PO but with IR related FI docs vendor changed to Y. Can you please explain why the vendor # is NOT consistent in MM and FI ?

The vendor details I have in PO can be seen in MK01 and with IR in FK01 but with different vendor numbers.

thanks for the help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member581688
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the Partners tab on your PO header. It sounds like your PO might have a PI (Invoice presented by) vendor number that is different than the PO vendor number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shannon,

You are absolutely rite. Can please tell me from functional point of view what is the significance of PI (Invoice presented by).

thanks

former_member581688
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll preface my answer with the fact that I'm an FI person, who knows some MM (mostly in areas that affect FI - like invoice verification)..... Within SAP each vendor can have only one address. If a vendor has multiple addresses, you have to create a new vendor for each address. Within MM you can define partner relationships to link together the different vendors (addresses). So you might submit your PO to one address (vendor), but you might need to send payments to a different address (vendor). You can maintain the PI vendor in the partner functions of the vendor to which you submit POs and the PI vendor will automatically pull into POs created. Or you can maintain the PI vendor directly in the PO. When you post the invoice receipt for a PO with a PI vendor, SAP automatically uses the PI vendor in the invoice - this way the payment is sent to the correct address.