cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading long texts (> 60) into BI 7 with Z-tables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Forum,

I've seen many posts and questions regarding the problem of texts bigger than 60 characters.

Due we can't use the method of various text fields/attributes in one InfoObjekt, we considered using the document option of InfoObjects. Because there are many fields bigger than 60 characters and a lot of records, the number of documents would be huge as they were created by ABAP per character value of each record.

Is there another way or best practice to handle this?

E.g. an Z-table, that contains the whole data, and this table can be used in our web-template with an ABAP function of the customer extension item?

Many thanks and points for any idea.

Regards,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can configurate the charasteristics 0TXTLG for increase more than 60 characters. Wsrning: This change apply for all long text into BW

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do not reply to old threads. It just makes it difficult to find things in the forums and it really looks like point-hunting, which is not allowed. I'm going to lock this thread.

Regards,

Ethan

(moderator)

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the following weblog, it will help you.

Thanks

reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

thanks a lot for response.

I've seen this thread before, but it's quite hard because the maximum text length is unknown.

That's why I've thought about using a z-table to avoid the instring-functions for every 60 characters.

Have you used the function described in the blog?

Does it work to get the whole text by that one master InfoObject as described?

Many thanks for any response.

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hi Thobias,

do you have solved this issue??

If yes, can you tell me which workaround you have?

Regards

ENgin Imal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, unfortunately not.

We get some information that this is also feasible with TREX oder Visual Composer and HTML Docs.

I'll try to get more information.

As a new possibility we suppose to use standard text tables of sap, so we might use function module to read from these tables.

Now we are looking for another function module to write into these tables especially filling the format row.

If someone knows something about these topics?

Regards,

Tobias

Edited by: Tobias Vogt on Nov 7, 2008 3:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our workaround to display text with more than 60 Characters is to load the texts into an own z-table with some keys as InfoObject .....This is done by ABAP.

To read the texts we use the Web-Item Customer Extension and the corresponding interface to create a select-statement to get the corresponding texts from the z-table.