Hi Everyone, thanks for your help in advance.
When I add use Live Office to add an object into Excelsius, I get a "Invalid Pointer" error when I select the report.
Also receiving a .NET error when shutting down the computer
Object reference not set to an instance of the object.
Steps to reproduce:
- Business Objects XIR2 installed
- Xcelsius 2008 installed
- Live Office Productivity Pack XIR2 installed
1. Installed Live Office 3.0
2. Uninstalled Live Office 3.0
Steps taken to resolve:
- Restarted all BOE Servers
- Restarted computer
- Reinstalled Xcelsius 2008
- Reinstalled Live Office XIR2 Productivity Pack
- Reintalled .NET Framework
Live Office is only supported when it is connected to the same version of BusinessObjects Enterprise, eg XI R2 with XI R2, 3.0 with 3.0. Unfortunately, you are attempting to connect Live Office 3.0 with BOE XI R2. This is not supported and you may run into problems.
Beyond that, I would highly recommend reading the Release Notes for both Live Office and Xcelsius, paying particular attention to the sections in each dedicated to the other program. Live Office within Xcelsius does not have the full functionality or feature set of Live Office in MS Office applications.