cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate PDF with bookmarks?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The business request is to have pdf report with bookmarks. There is no predefined bookmark object in Livecycle Designer/SFP so my idea is to add some scripting to the form to generate bookmarks dynamically. I defined a standard pdf form with several lines of JavaScript embedded. The script is running in the form preview in Livecycle Later I was testing the form by calling its function module and looking at the generated PDF file. Unfortunately it seems there is no script embedded in the final output PDF generated by ADS.

Is Javascript supported in pdf forms? Do I need to perform any additional operations to enable the Javascipt? Do I need to pass additional parameters to ADS? I tested the following settings:

• fp_docparams-fillable = 'X'.

• fp_docparams-DYNAMIC = 'X'.

• fp_outputparams-getpdf = 'X'.

• fp_outputparams-PDFTAGGED = 'X'.

• fp_outputparams-PDFCHANGESRESTRICTED = ' '.

I appreciate any suggestion.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lata,

Can you describe your SAP Server details(like Enhancement Package or SPS Version) , Adobe Reader version, Adobe LiveCycle Designer version.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Adobe LiveCycle is 8.01.2088.1.380548. Adobe Reader 8.

SAP_BASIS 700 0015 SAPKB70015 .

SAP_ABA 700 0015 APKA70015

PI_BASIS 2005_1_700 0015 SAPKIPYJ7F

ST-PI 2005_1_700 0005 SAPKITLQI5

Rgrds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lata,

May be there is some error in the JavaScript code written.

Sometimes if there is an error in JavaScript then from where the error occurs from there the JavaScript wont work in the Adobe Form.

To check whether JavaScript contains errors or not. You just simply open your Adobe Acrobat Reader goto Edit in that goto Preferences and in that Select "JavaScript" in that you find the JavaScript Debugger there you enable "Show Console on errors and messages".

This may help you in some way or the other.

Regards

Pradeep Goli