cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the Attachment icon link in GP Process Runtime View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, SDN Experts.

We find that the "Attachment" icon link actually involves too much "clicks" and "navigation to another views". So, we custom developed a Web Dynpro Component implementing GP Interface, with GP Attachment API to achieve the document upload and attachment purpose. And we also restrict the atatchment to one instead of multiple attachments.

Now, we want to remove the "Atatchment" icon link at the top of the GP Process Runtime View.

In GP Design Time, I tried to configure Runtime View so that it does not displaying the "Attachment" icon link, but I could not find one Generic View available for this option.

I wonder if I can custom configure a new Runtime View that is without the "Attachment" icon link?

Or is that any other alternative I can use to achieve the same purpose, including custom development of the runtime view?

Thanks,

KC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found other alternative.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please share the alternative. We also have same requirement.

Thanks,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you also please share the alternative to me. We have the same requirement too.

Thank you

Werner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please share the alternative as we too are struggling to understand how to resolve this. Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please share the alternative too ?

Thanks a lot

JCG

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might give you a pointer: [How to hide the left side activity pane in Guided Procedures|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=18118118&messageID=4874099]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala,

Will check this out.

Thanks,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Bala.

Referring to the post you pointed to me, I opened the "Process Instance" page and unchecked the following iviews: "Header Data", and "Phase Navigator". It still not the part where the "Attachment" icon link belong to.

I tried uncheck the "Content Activities", the whole Web Dynpro screen is not displaying.

I really don't know which part of "Attachment" menu row belong to. Not sure whether the row is part of the iview (instead of a separate iview can be turn off separately).

Any alternative you can suggest?

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just de-compiled some piece of code to check this..I'm afraid you can't change the Attachment link as it is embedded inside a WebDynpro Component (CAttachment) and not as a separate iView.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala,

I will try to decompile the Runtime and CAttachment Web Dynpro component.

Will get back to you.

Thanks,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After taking sometimes to look at how I may achieve to remove the attachment icon link, it seems like it requires some great effort to create another custom class to replace the existing one.

I wish there is a feature I can just turn on or off of this feature.

Thanks for spending time to reply my message.

I would find another alternative for this.

I will keep this post open for a while, hopefully there is someone able to give me some insight.

Thanks,

KC