cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sale of Asset which is fully depreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I was trying to sell an asset using transaction ABAON which is fully depreciated, but I am getting the error -

" Posting with trans.type 210 not possible (No acquisition posted)"

The Scenario is, there is an asset(car) which was uploaded during implimentation and it got depreciated fully in the month of april,

but the asset(car) which got fully depreciated was sold to for an amount of Rs 40000/-

So, I was trying to post it with some revenue vlaue in transaction ABAON, but I am getting the above error.

Could any one help in this, or let me know the correct process for for this kind of transaction.

Awaiting for a reply.

Regards,

Upendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I can't see the values in your system

But there is one rule you can't do a retitement in the same Month as the aquasition. Try to post it in the next Month when this is the case

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

There is no problem with the month.

The only issue is it says -

"Posting with trans.type 210 not possible (No acquisition posted)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there an Aquasition value on the asset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

The APC value is 325,000.00 but this got fully depretiated in the month of April.

The same asset was sold for an amount of 40000/- last month.

so, I tried to post the same using ABAON with revenue, then the system throughs thie error message.

The Asset acquisition value was uploaded during implimentation. A purchase entry did not happen from MM.It was an uploaded value from legacy data.

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can sell an asset only one time(or more times a part). Did you a partional sales or for 100%

When the sales posting was wrong last month you can reverse that posting with AB08

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sale was for 100% and there was nothing wrong with sale transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then the problem is solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Paul,

The problem is not solved,,, I think you did not undeerstand the issue till now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You say:

The sale was for 100% and there was nothing wrong with sale transaction.

What is the reasen that you want to sell it again?