cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 8.5 Export to Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our application uses Crystal Reports 8.5 Runtime.

Running reports against a local or remote (over an VPN WAN) is not a problem.

However when exporting to Excel there is a problem.

Scenario:

2 Clients - one has just the runtime- a virgin machine, and one has the runtime plus Crystal 8.5, XI and 2008 development environments.

On the virgin machine any Excel export done against a remote database is not only slow but downloads lots of data, more that the original query took to run the report in the first place (over 20 times as much data!). It seems to use none of the cached data.

On the development machine this doesn't happen and only a small amount of data is transferred whilst exporting.

What is curious is that using either client/machine always performs well against our local (remote) database.

(Other export formats seem to be fine).

Can you help please?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd recommend comparing the runtime on the problem computer and the computer that is OK. To compare the runtime, download the modules utility from here:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252802008E/modules.zip

Look for both CR file differences and database client file differences - Oh and check MDAC too.

See this thread on how to use modules:

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=18381006&messageID=6186255

The modules zip file also contains a help file if you need more info on how to use it.

Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. I didn't use your utility as I'd already discovered that using the version of

C:\Windows\Crystal\u2fxls.dll

from the working client resolved the problem on the clients that had not previously worked correctly.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good. Modules would have helped there too (perhaps in the future Modules will come in handy).

Have a great weekend,

Ludek