cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Viewer 2008 Error Received. "No saved Data"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to from Crystal Reports Viewer 2003 to Crystal Reports Viewer 2008 and I am unable to open documents created with Viewer 2003. I have done quite a bit of troubleshooting and I am unable to find out a fix for this error. The specific error states:

Crystal Reports Viewer 2008

No Saved Data

this report file does not contain saved data and cannot be viewed

To get data into the report please open and re-save it in the Crystal Reports designer application with the "Save Data with Report" option selected.

I have tested multiple report files with this option selected and I am still unable to retrieve data from the older report. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Noah G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I found a similar problem. When you save the file while the file is in Preview mode under Crystal Designer and open that file in Crystal Viewer 2008, it opens it up.

To be honest I think CR viewer 2008 has many bugs in it, like for example the Parameter option does not work under CR viewer.

I personally started to use Crystal Coral which works great. You can try it if you want. Just search Crystal Coral in google.

Alternatively here is the direct link to it. [http://homepages.udayton.edu/~groffkep/]

Regards

Jehanzeb

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Please re-post if this is still an issue to the OnDemand Forum or purchase a case and have a dedicated support engineer work with you directly

Former Member
0 Kudos

By 3rd party I meant applications not made by SAP (Business Objects) or Crystal Decisions so sorry for not being specific. As for the "BUG" is anyone aware of SAP looking in to this issue? I will continue to try and find a way to fix this if there is a way so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Noah G

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that another 3rd party software may resolve this issue but the majority of the reports being created and sent are made with Crystal Reports 10. If anyone has any answers to this question please let me know as I am still searching for answers on forums and not having any luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Noah I didn't understand what you meant by 3rd party and reports being made in Crystal reports 10. You are not changing Crystal Reports Designer instead you going to use the Viewer, which is different tool.

Anyhow, it's entirely upto you what you would like to use, as far as my experience with Crystal Reports Viewer 2008 and some others in the forum, we pretty much had difficulty in using it, specially mostly people think it might be a bug in CR viewer 2008. Hence I and some others are using Crystal Corral which is a viewer and not designer.

Hope this helps

Regards

Jehanzeb

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For a list of 3rd-party viewers, see: http://www.kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noah

I would suggest you to create a fresh report using Xtreme Sample database and save it.Try to open the particular .rpt file in Crystal Report Viewer.

Let me know the outcome so that I can help you.

Regards

Asha