Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Exit for FB70 to default bline date in Payment tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am looking for a user exit to default Bline date (Base Line date) in the payment tab of FB70.

End user is sitting on my head to get this done,

Please suggest.

Thanks-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

technically these tables should be populated and you should be able to modify the lines. i dont have access to the system so i cant check for now.

22 REPLIES 22

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the baseline date gets defaulted from the payment term. How has to be defaulted in this case? On the other hand this can be solved through substitution exit, the know how is documented in SAPHelp (and SDN)

0 Kudos

They said that they have a work around in the functional side, but they want me to implement user exit and write logic for bline date with respect to Payment Terms.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos

My question again: What should be the logic, you are expected to implement?

0 Kudos

for a particular payment term "ZTST" they want to default the date to some date in FEB 2009

Thanks-

0 Kudos

OK, no need for user exit, only a substitution has to be set up. Basically this is done by functional people (no need for ABAP, only some "rules"): Start transaction GGB1 and check if there is any substitution for the field (BSEG-ZFBDT) already, if yes ==> add the new logic, if no ==> set up a new rule on line item level ==> prerequisite should be the payment term (BSEG-ZTERM = 'ZTST), and set the above field (BSEG-ZFBDT) to the fixed date (200802xx). If you are stucked, just ask help from functional people, as this is always done by them!!! Also don't forget to activate the substitution through tcode OBBH!

0 Kudos

Please let me know the steps to create the substitution,

After creating the substitution, while creating the step, I am unable to see the field called BSEG-ZTERM.

Please let me know the extact steps to follow to create substituation and rule.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Thanks-

0 Kudos

no problme, into the prerequisition just enter manually: BSEG-ZTERM = 'ZTST'

0 Kudos

A couple of thoughts:

If my uderstanding of a substitution is correct, the substitution happens after the users presses enter on the screen, so there will be no default date when coming into the screen.

Since the substitution changes a value rather than creating a default, you will have to be careful that the users will be able to change the value (if it is truly just a default value).

Rob

0 Kudos

I have given the condition"BSEG-ZTERM = 'ZTST'" in Prerequisite, and in the Substitutions when I try to assign constant value '02/16/2009' to the field Baseline Date, I don't see that Baseline date field in Substitute fields for Class '009'.

How do I add Baseline date in that popup to select and assign values.

Please suggest.

Thanks-

0 Kudos

>

> I have given the condition"BSEG-ZTERM = 'ZTST'" in Prerequisite, and in the Substitutions when I try to assign constant value '02/16/2009' to the field Baseline Date, I don't see that Baseline date field in Substitute fields for Class '009'.

>

> How do I add Baseline date in that popup to select and assign values.

>

> Please suggest.

>

> Thanks-

i think your date format and system date format is not suitable.

give the date format as 20090216 as system format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think ZFBDT is a substitutable field. You can check in the EXTRAS -> substituable fields in GGB1. Only the fields in the subtitutable fields can be used in substitution.

If you are in ECC6.0 then check for BTE process 1100 and replace the FM in Process of SAP application with your custom FM.

0 Kudos

Hi Kshamatha

I am working on 4.6c , now what are options, I did not find any user exit and this GGB1 is also not working.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you want to change in simulate or post and not as default on screen then you can give a try to 00001140 process and add this in SAP APPLICATION process and see if the date changes.

Otherwise i have to trust on hearing from Rob AND Eric for options

0 Kudos

What is process 00001140, and how should I proceed. Which tcode I need to execute for this.

Thanks-

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto TCODE - FIBF

environment -> infosystems process. Check if process 1140 is available.

If this is available then copy the associated FM : SAMPLE_PROCESS_00001140 to a Zfm in a Z function group and write your code in Z-FM.

Add this new FM as an entry in FIBF -> SETTINGS ->PROCESS MODULE -> OF AN SAP APPL.

0 Kudos

Hi Kshamatha,

Process 1140 is available and copied SAMPLE_PROCESS_00001140 to a Z FM and assigned to Z FG,

Written a code in that, but it does not get executed while running FB70. Is there a way to find out which process is being executed while running the transaction.

Thanks-

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you add the new fm and process as an entry in

Add this new FM as an entry in FIBF -> SETTINGS ->PROCESS MODULE -> OF AN SAP APPL.

or BF41 is the tcode for the above. See if you have an entry in this with process 1140 and ur zfm.

put a break point in ur FM and it should stop

0 Kudos

Followed all the steps exactly as you said.

Added Function module for the process 1140 with custom function module. and also kep a break point with my user id.

There was some other entry for that process, i changed it to the newly created function module with required code.

Thanks-

0 Kudos

The function module is getting triggered after the save,, which will also solve my purpose, but I am not getting any values in the tables t_bseg and t_bkpf.

Thanks-

Former Member

technically these tables should be populated and you should be able to modify the lines. i dont have access to the system so i cant check for now.

0 Kudos

I can give you access to my system, please give me your e-mail id so that I can give you link to share my desktop.

Thanks-

<<moderator message: sharing of personal contact information on these forums is forbidden for your own safety - you can set an email id in your business card>>

Edited by: Matt on Nov 5, 2008 3:16 PM

0 Kudos

<<email address removed by moderator>>

Edited by: Matt on Nov 5, 2008 3:15 PM