cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC 7.1 EHP1 Query - Portal eventing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on VC 7.1 EHP1 with portal eventing and was wondering if some one can help me / knows achieving model visibility / invisibility ?

Many thanks,

Dharmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

Could you please elaborate about what you mean by model visibility/invisibility?

Do you want the whole model to be shown/hidden according to an external event?

Regards,

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

Yes, I would like the whole model to be shown/hidden according to an external event. However. I couldn't find the possibility of doing that....

Regards,

Dharmi

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

I assume you are going to put the VC application in a page with other iViews in the portal, right? If so, why not use regular portal eventing that will close and open the iView tray?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Netanel,

I assume you are going to put the VC application in a page with other iViews in the portal, right? No intentions as of now... How would you suggest a way forward then?

Regards,

Dharmi

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

So from where should it get this event?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Netanel,

I have about 4 VC models in the page, There is no data flow of signal out and signal in between this model, instead I am using the event with signal out and signal in to pass the data.

But since all 4 VC models are in same page, all are visible, intention is to make the second VC model visible only after the first step is completed in 1 st VC model.

I have tried to put all those 4 models (as nested view) in one main model and then connect them with dataflow to achieve visibility / invisibility. This works but was wondering how it can be done the other way?

Regards,

Dharmi