cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC partners and Transactional RFC partners

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've setup a system that creates an IDOC when a purchase order is created. Than that IDOC should be send immediately to the SAP Business connector.

Problem is that although when we look at the IDOC partners via WE02 we see that the receiver and sender partners are Logical Systems (the way we want it) but when we check in the Transactional RFC overview (SM58) there are errors.

For some reason other partners are used for the RFC

(in our case that was the purchase organisation and the vendor). Does anyone know what could be the origin of the problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Can you please specify the error you get in the tRFC

overview?

"For some reason other partners are used for the RFC" gives an idea that there is an inconsistency in the

partner profile-port definition-RFC setup. Please check

the following.

Enter tcode SALE and check the

1. client logical system - scc4

2. RFC connection parameters - sm59

3. the tRFC port definition - we21

4. the partner profile outbound parameters - we20

For more info on the ALE check

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/CABFAALEQS/CABFAALEQS.pdf

Please let us know if there are more issues.

Regards

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan (and others),

I've got following info in the overview:

Function Module: IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS

Text: Unknown Partner and Message Type. Routing Rule created

Transaction: ME21

Program: RSM13000

I get the error because a routing rule is expected on the Business Connector with sender PAWE (a purchase organization) and receiver BE83550 (a vendor).

But we don't want to do insert that routing rule. Whe want a routing rule with the same sender and receiver like those in the IDOC control data partners (2 Logical Systems).

Otherwise we have to create routing rules for all our vendors...

Strange thing about this is that when we change a Purchase Order all goes well. Meaning an other message type (ORDCHG in stead of ORDERS) is triggered and the IDOC is send to the BC with the partners specified in the Control Record. I see no difference between the creation and change except the message type and the processing code (ME10 for creation and ME11 for changing).

If i use the processing code ME10 with the order change message than that works fine, so the processing code has probably nothing to do with it.

Regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I create a new message type ZPORDS (I use same IDOC and Processing code, RFC port) and use this one in stead of the 'ORDERS' message type than it uses the correct partners. Any idea what could be the problem with the message type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

You might as well want to check the partner profile

outbound parameters, if the message type is defined in the

required partner profile. Also you can check in the

distribution model(bd64) whether the sender/reciever

model is defined for the particular message type and

generate partner profiles.

Kindly compare all the required settings(like port/rfc

etc) of the successful iDoc with the required. It might

be that some settings are incorrect for the "orders"