cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Dependent Parameters in Asset Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am on ECC 6.0. How do I maintain the depreciation paramters like useful life, depreciation key in time dependent manner??

Any help is appreciated

Deccan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusBredel
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Deccan,

please search before posting.

Nathan wrote a very good blog about that topic here in SCN, you can access it here: [New Ways to Depreciate Fixed Assets in ERP 6.0|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7736] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all. Blog by Nathan is reall good.

I still can't find the detail depreciation area of the asset master, where can I find it?? I did activate EA-FIN business function

Deccan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to your depreciation area tab and double click on the specific depreciation area. You will see the 'more intervals' button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No offense... but it's right there in the third image!!!!!!

To make the UL change you have to access the detail depreciation area screen for the asset.  
Notice the More Intervals button at the bottom of the image below.  
After pressing the More Intervals button, the following prompt appears requesting the start date of the new interval. 

-nathan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi plz check in the t.code: AO21-screen layout for dep areas, there you can define your field group rules for dep areas& layout for the depreciation key as well as useful life of the asset fields

thanks regards

prasanna

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto TCode AO21

Select your Screen variant and Click on Field group rules. Here you can set the status of your required fields.

Cheers

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is Business Functions EA-FIN activated (TC SFW5)?

This is only working when this is activated.

When you activate this is not only for asset accounting (look to the documentation in SFW5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean by time-dependent deprec key and useful life? Once you have set these parameters for an asset master record you should not keep changing around your useful life and deprec key every month/year etc. These parameters are set for lifetime of that particular type of asset. You can only change these parameters in cases like if u have capitalized it in a wrong asset class or there is a depreciation rate changes.

hope this clears your doubt.