cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labour Overhead cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our Production orders, Labour overhead cost is getting calculated for some plants but not for some plants.

Our CO guy left the company. Where can I find the setting for the plant/order type with the costing sheet.

Is there any other master data either in routing or material master is missing

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

To define the labour overhead cost for all the plants go to a Tcode-OKTZ Path is spro-controlling-product cost controlling-product cost planning-basic settings for material costing-define a cost component structure and assign it to your plants

or else in spro-controlling-product cost controlling-product cost planning-basic settings for material costing-costing sheet components -define percentage overhead rates where yopu could select it as per company code and if you asssign it then it is applicable to all the plants.

hope it helps you out

Edited by: sravanthi nemani on Nov 7, 2008 3:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cost component structure is defined in OKTZ.. but it is not assigned to any plant in this T.code

O/H rate is defined here but it is not assigned to any company code or plant here either.

It is defined at the controlling area

Pl. advise

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Activity type / % given in CO settings itself for overhead calculations. KZM2.

T code KGI2 to calcilate overhead cost.

Please check the overhead key is assigned to your costing sheet in IMG--> controlling

>Product cost controlling>Cost Object Controlling-->Product Cost by Order

>Overhead>Define Costing Sheets. If it is not assigned, then assign it .

OKKN --> costing variant -->Valuation variat --> overhead tab

Also check if your overhead key is assigned to your overhead rate. Follow the same path as above. under 'Define Costing Sheets' Costing Sheet: Components-->Define Percentage Overhead Rates

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In oktz you hav assign org-units cost were as per plant you could assign

or else in define percenatge overhead rates select new entries and give overhead rate and dependency where you could give it as per overhead as per palnt or company code as per your spec and give details of overhead i think this might help u..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activity type / % given in CO settings itself for overhead calculations. KZM2.

T code KGI2 to calcilate overhead cost.

Please check the overhead key is assigned to your costing sheet in IMG--> controlling

>Product cost controlling>Cost Object Controlling-->Product Cost by Order

>Overhead>Define Costing Sheets. If it is not assigned, then assign it .

It is assigned

OKKN --> costing variant -->Valuation variat --> overhead tab

Also check if your overhead key is assigned to your overhead rate. Follow the same path as above. under 'Define Costing Sheets' Costing Sheet: Components-->Define Percentage Overhead Rates

It is defined

Hi,

All the above setting are present in config.

Here are the steps I followed to calculate Overhead. Still I don't see any labour overhead in the order.

1. After Final Confirmation of Order ( Status : CNF) make GR for for order using Tcode : MIGO / MB31 so Production Order Status will be DLV.

2. Then complete the order technically by using Tcode : CO02--> Functions ( Menu)---> Restrict Processing -

> Technically Complete. You can carry out TECO for multiple Orders in Tcode : COHV (Mass Processing).

3.Now Calculate Overheads using Tcode : KGI2 - Individual Processing

CO43 - Collective Processing

4.Calculate WIP using Tcode : KKAX - Individual Processing

KKAO - Collective Processing

5.Calculate Variance by using Tcode : KKS2 - Individual Processing

KKS1 - Collective Processing

6.Finally do the settlement of Order in Tcode : KO88 - Individual Processing

CO88 - Collective Processing

I appreciate if you can give me the steps I am missing.

Thanks for your help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini,

Check the routing for the plant. In the detail screen of the operation, you will see the work center being used along with the standard values and activity types there.

From the work center's costing tab, you will find the cost center it is assigned to. Now go to KP26 and see if you can see the activity type and price for it.

Try it and revert back.

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Work center has a cost center value :...

In KP26, there are values maintained for the period for that activity type for the work center.

But the cost center for labour overhead is different from the one maintained in the workcenter.

What next..

Thanks in advance