cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering delivery types and PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are certain sales order types we want to filter out from getting them to APO. I guess we can do the sales order types using the customer exit EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_SLS_001 but how to filter out the delivery and PGI?

If I just filter out the sales orders, then I am reducing my demand and when there is a delivery and PGI, if there has to be consumption, there won't be relevant demand. SO, I want to filter out all three sales orders, deliveries and PGI by types...

Please advise me how to do this.

Any suggestions please?????

Thanks.

Edited by: Visu Venkat on Nov 17, 2008 5:06 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat ,

I guess this model should work.

For sales order use the exit EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_SLS_001 as identified by you.

For deliveries also you can use the same exit and filter the delivery document by ATP category (BR for delivery documents).But then you should have logic to find the preceeding document i.e. SO for each of the delivery document before passing it to APO.

For PGI , you don't want to restrict it completely.Becasue in R/3 you are actually consuming the stock after PGI for SO (not to be passed to APO) and that consumed stock should be reflected in the APO. So ideally you should not restrict the stock updation part of PGI activity to APO. So,during PGI there are different queues generated one for SO update and other for the stock update. SO should be stopped as per the same previous filtering logic and stock queue should be untouched.

I wonder whether forecast consumption against actual sales order (strategy) will have any major impact because of filtering ?

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikil,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

As per my knowledge, for product with strategy 10 (MTS) when there is a forecast of 100 and there is a sales order for 10, the forecast is consumed/reduced once the PGI is done to 90. If I donot stop the PGI, then doesn't that consume the forecast 10 units and I have a problem? I agree with the stock part though...but I am not sure what happens to the forecast consumption.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu ,

For each PGI done in R/3 there are 2 queues generated.One for SO update and other for stock update.If you filter out the SO/delivery as per your filtering criteria , your forecast consumption will not be affected (this is logical conclusion).

At the same time if u leave the stock queue without touching , the stock will be updated.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

If I have a following scenario.

1. There are 2 SO of type XYZ Qty 10 and ABC qty- 20 there is forecast of 100

2. Where i dont want SO of type XYZ to go to APO hence blocked in CIF exit.

3. Then in APO I will see only ABC order type SO and hence forecast of qty 20 will be

consumed.

4. Now when I make delivery for XYZ qty 10 and block it thru CIF then it will not be seen

in forecast consumption view in APO product view.

5. but when i do PGI for XYZ for which it creates withdrawals in APO and consumes forecast.

are you saying that this PGI qty if i dont block in CIF and still it wont go and create

withdrawal qty in APO and consume forecast which i dont want?

Regds,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Right from start I have doubts over filtering logic impact on forecast consumption !!...

Coming back to your point number 5 , after PGI for XYZ in R/3 , you will definitely get the queue block if you don't stop SO/delivery queue as till step 4 you never allowed the SO/delivery to be referenced in APO.

In my opinion , we want 2 distinct things to happen.

1. Forecast consumption should not happen for SO of type XYZ after PGI

2. Stock update should happen for the product (with both SO type).Because if you don't allow the stock updation to APO (with PGI of XYZ and ABC) , your stock displayed in APO will be misleading and so will be your planning results.

If you observe the SMQ1/SMQ2 after PGI in R/3 , there 2 seperate queues generated.

1. with SO/delivery number :--- We should block this , which will make sure forecast consumption doesn't takes place.

2. stock queue : we should not block this ,which will make sure stock updation takes place in APO for both SO types.The only worry is is stock queue has reference to SO?....my gut feeling is stock queue will go through.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Yes, you are right that we cant block stock Qs. But withdrawal qty seen in APO is only after PGI of delivery doc. Im not sure if that gets filtered out for blocked Deliveries.. I always seen wierd behavior of withdrawal as they never matched with R/3 PGIs made. In past I waned to block this selective withdrawals and couldnt figure out how. hence used Z program to delete withdrawals in APO.

Regds,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad and Nikhil,

Thanks a lot for the replies. Prasad your example exactly explains my issue.

As I understand you can block sales orders and deliveries in the user exit EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_SLS_001.

But when it gets to PGI, I have two queues one for stock update and the other with SO/delivery number.

I am not clear with how we can successfully avoid forecast consumption still allowing stock to be reduced.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a solution, we created a new strategy group 100 with main strategy 40 and secondary strategy 10 and assigned this in material master MRP3 tab. This gave us the capability to assign requirements type as KSL or KSV in sales order procurement tab. If the requirements type is KSL, I sales order and delivery is neither consuming forecast nor driving demand in APO where as when it is KSV, it does consume and drive demand, which is exactly what we want.

We also had to change the ATP category group property Qty typ to 02 ( original qty.). in customizing.

Hope this helps any body searching for any solutions for this kind of issue.

Answers (0)