cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Function Libraries (UFL) on Unix/Linux?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried searching for on how to implement UFL on Unix/Linux, nothing came up.

can someone point me to where I can find information on how to write UFL on Unix/Linux?

Thanks,

Harsha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any example or guide to write and deploy UFL  in C++ the same on Unix/Linux Crystal Report Server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Harsha;

Crystal Reports cannot run in a Unix or Linux environment, only our Business Objects Enterprise application can do so. Please post your question in one of our Business Objects Enterprise forums to get the best answer.

Regards,

Jonathan

0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

The UFL's cannot be the COM type since Unix doesn't know what COM is. Therefore the code must be written in C++. When you compile it simply add the flag to also build it for UNIX OS.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, The UFLs need to be placed in the Crystal Enterprise /lib folder (same folder as CRPE) and be prefixed with libu2f or libufl. On Windows the UFLs need to be prefixed with ufl or u2f, which is slightly different. As long as the UFLs don't have any Windows specific API calls in them, they should be cross-portable to Unix and Linux and compatible there.

Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the response.

I'm actually looking for information (documentation or sample code) on how to write a UFL for Business Objects Enterprise XI 3 installation on Unix/Linux environment.

Thanks,

Harsha

0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

I'll attach the one sample we do have. It's old, we did stop shipping it so not sure if it will compile now with all the changes. Let me know if it does work for you.

I'll bring this up with the Program Managers and see if we can add this back into the product samples for downloading.

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don -

Please go ahead and attach the sample.

Thanks,

Harsha

0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

Not sure why you can't see the attachment....

You are an OEM Partner so can you log into Service Market Place and create a new Message and make a note to assign the case to me and I'll take it and send you the zip file.

Thank you

Don Williams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don -

I can see the attachment now

U25Fraction.zip  (701.8 K)

not sure why it didn't show up the first time.

Thanks,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harsha,

Did you get this UFL's working on unix platform ? We have a similar requirement on our way and wondering if you can share your experiences on this and also sample code (I cannot open the attachment).

We have enterprise installed on AIX and user community are on Windows platform. We are trying to figure out what it takes to get UFL's working so that crystal reports are developed using UFL's and get deployed in XI R3 enterprise. Client's are expected to see reports via infoview (Tomcat deployed on AIX).

Kiran