cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Restoration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

We are using ECC6 on HP-Unix with Oracle 9i database.For backup we use varitas netbackup utility.

Now to confirm that backup is running fine we want to install a demo server and resotore our PRD backup on this server.

Please suggest what will be the prequisties in this restoration process and how can i restore the database.

Please suggest.

Shivam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajeev_das
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

Well, not sure if you haev got the soultions yet or not. howevr, here is the list of activities which you mnay have to perform for any DR/Backup test.

1. Make sure that the target server is build with same specs as of the target server. I mean the OS patch level etc.

2. Install backup agent - in your case its Veritas.

3. Create FS in target server - again it depends, as you may like to restore the db with new SID

4. Start the restore from Veritas agent

5. Start the DB as ora<sid> user

If its starts fine, that means your backup is good enough.

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we restore backup by brtools also.If yes please tell how can i do that if backup has been taken by veritas.

Shivam

rajeev_das
Participant
0 Kudos

The easiest option would be to restore using the backup agent. However, you can use the command given by Eric earlier to use brrestore.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

follow

cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for the reply.

Please confirm that in cases:

1- We are taking backup by Veritas

2-Restoration is doing on different server.

What additioanl needs to done as resoration i have done but when we were taking backup by BRbackup and on same server.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can install veritas client on target system and then should be able to restore.

are you using brtools with veritas software?

cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I am not sure that client is using brtools software with vertias but please tell that if they are not using then how can we configure to use brtools and is there any interface also required installed for restoration.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

in db12 check the backup command_line for last successful backup.

cheers,

-Sunil

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

copy these files from source server:

/oracle/<Source SID>/<OraVers>/dbs/init<Source SID>.ora (755)

/oracle/<Source SID>/<OraVers>/dbs/init<Source SID>.sap (755)

/oracle/<Source SID>/<OraVers>/dbs/init<Source SID>.dba (755)

/oracle/<Source SID>/<OraVers>/dbs/init<Source SID>.offline.sap (755)

/oracle/<Source SID>/<OraVers>/dbs/init<Source SID>.offline.utl (666)

/oracle/<Source SID>/sapbackup/back<source SID>.log

/oracle/<Source SID>/sapbackup/?????????.aff

On Target System;

edit file /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf and change the ""client name"" for <Source Host Name>

brrestore -b XXXXXXXX.aff -r /oracle/<Source SID>/<OraVers>_64/dbs/init<Source SID>.online.utl -d util_file -m 0,00,all -p init<Source SID>.sap

vince_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to restore from one server, PSS, to another, SND.  Both are HP-UX and use SAP on Oracle.  I tried to follow your commands but these files do not exist:

/oracle/<Source SID>/<OraVers>/dbs/init<Source SID>.offline.sap (755)

/oracle/<Source SID>/<OraVers>/dbs/init<Source SID>.offline.utl (666)

We use HP Data Protector to do the backup which uses the SAP brstuff ...  I see hints when I hunt The Google that  a recovery can be done using the brtools menu but am not sure of the files I would need nor the environment setup to make it work.

Can you offer help?

Thanks!