cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New book on Interaction Center available from SAP Press!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The new book, "[Maximizing Your SAP CRM Interaction Center|http://www.sappress.com/product.cfm?account=&product=H2958]" written by John Burton is now available from SAP Press!

This book is a must-have resource for anyone interested in getting the most out of their Interaction Center. The book provides detailed in-depth guidance on how to optimize and maximize the SAP CRM Interaction Center through configuration, customization, and personalization. Essential topics include:

<ul>

<li>Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)

<li>Technology and the User Interface,

<li>Marketing

<li>Sales

<li> Service

<li>IC Management and Analytics

<li>Interactive Scripting

<li>Rule Modeler and Category Modeler

<li>Shared Service Centers

</ul>

The book also includes exclusive customer success stories, information about SAP partners, frequently asked questions and answers, and a glimpse into SAP's long-term roadmap and vision for the Interaction Center. Fully up-to-date for CRM 2007, this indispensable reference provides you with volumes of useful information for all versions of the IC WebClient, with tips and suggestion on why it may be advantageous to upgrade to CRM 2007. [Order your copy today|http://www.sappress.com/product.cfm?account=&product=H2958] while there is still time (before the Oprah Book Club buys them all).

Of course, if your budget is limited right now, you can win one of 10 free copies being given away in the [CRM PBX Wiki Contest|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/11702] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];. All you have to do is submit some content on the Wiki page and you will be registered in the random drawing! Good luck!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gary_king2
Participant
0 Kudos

John,

In short, it's a very good book which contains some vital information, especially about the ERMS, an area not that well known. However, I was taken back by how many typos there are in the book, something a basic spell-checker would have picked up. The content fortunately does not detract from these typos and the book delivers what is promised and expected by you, the author.

I would highly recommend purchasing the said book, and reviewed it accordingly on the sapfans site as well.

With regards

Gary King

Edited by: Gary King on Feb 18, 2009 10:22 AM

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Thanks. And yes, I have heard about (and am very disappointed by) the typos. I think I will have to fire my editor

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Congratulations

I'm very excited about this book, unfortunately i'm unable to place an order. Is there a way, wherein i can purchase a soft copy version of this book.

Please let me know as you may be aware i have already been into a couple of ICWC implementations and would love to explore more.

Thank you

Regards

Raj

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Good question. But unfortunately as far as I am aware this publisher, Galileo Press / SAP Press does not offer electronic versions (i.e., soft copies) of any of its titles. But I agree that it would be nice!

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

does your book also covers the E(mployee) Interaction Center?

Regards,

Alexander

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

The book contains a chapter called "Back Office Interaction Centers for Industries and Shared Services" that addresses shared services including Employee Interaction Center, Accounting Interaction Center and IT Service Desk. The coverage on Employee Interaction Center is somewhat brief and high level; it can be found in section 10.1.2. on pages 346 - 351.

In addition, please also see the Blog entry from my colleague Renee Wilhelm about choosing a deployment option for Employee Interaction Center [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/14900] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];. Thank you.

Regards,

John

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The book is really good.

I only missed more information about the Employee Interaction Center and Service Request.

Congratulations !!

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saozinha,

Thank you very much. And yes, unfortunately this first version of the book is current as of CRM 2007 -- while the Service Request and Shared Service Center enhancements were not introduced until CRM 7.0. So I will have to come out with an updated version of the book soon

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Is there a new version of the book in the offing , anytime soon ?

Cheers

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

I want to place an order for the book. I wanted to know if there will be a revision or a new version of this book having CRM 7.0 additions in it?

Thanks and Regards,

Mangesh

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mangesh,

Well, the book is quite a few years old now. I approached the publisher a couple of years ago about writing an updated version or addendum, but it wasn't something that they were interested in at the time. However, they do have a new acquisitions editor recently, so perhaps if enough people contact her with interest they might reconsider. Below is her info.

Katy Spencer

Acquisitions Editor, SAP PRESS

1. katy.spencer@galileo-press.com

Phone +1.781.228.5070 Ext. 201

Warm regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I have sent her a mail stressing about the need to get the book updated and the role it plays in implementing solutions related to IC. I will let u know her response.

Thanks and Regards,

Mangesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I'm always on the lookout for new SAP Press books, and with the enhancements to CRM 7 up to EHP2 I'd really like to see a more current edition of this book.  🙂  I've sent an email to Katy, and copied you in (I've guessed your email address!).

Thanks,

Andrew.

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Andrew! Yes, I'd also love to write an update for the book, even if it is just an electronic version! I guess part of the challenge with traditional print media these days is the incredible speed at which software is now developed. Instead of the old traditional 18 month delivery cycles, these days there are quarterly releases. And of course, the Cloud only accentuates that. So trying to write a print book, which can take over a year from planning to print can already result in a finished product that is out of date. That's why I would be happy to consider any delivery format, whether it be e-book or even quarterly electronic updates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Call me a traditionalist, but I still like printed books...

Now that I'm working with cloud though you're right that printed page becomes a bit redundant, the Help Centre and You Tube channels contain most things you need, especially with the help being centred on your own release and having the option to add your own content easily.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I just wanted to check with you if the book includes details on Business Process Push functionality. I have found some information on this on sap documentation but not sure which version of CRM is this delivered on.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/EN/46/1534ee2fd214dbe10000000a155369/frameset.htm

regards,

Sumeet

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sumeet,

No, unfortunately the book is only current to CRM 2007 and does not include CRM 7.0 functionality such as Business Process Push. Although this would certainly be something to add for the next revision!

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congratulations, John!

I have checked the content, but I could not find anything about the web service tool. Is there a chapter about this tool?

Regards

AleX

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

Thank you! And you are correct that I did not include anything about the CRM Web Service creation tool in the Interaction Center book. In general, I tried to not focus on CRM tools used outside of the Interaction Center, such as the UI Config Tool, Design Layer, Web Service Tool, and so on (since I need to save some topics for those guys to write their own books). And with the Web Service creation tool I didn't see a very good fit with the Interaction Center, since typically web services are used to create/access objects from outside of the Interaction Center -- such as via Web page, smartphone, Adobe PDF form, etc. But if someone was working in the Interaction Center they wouldn't need a web service, but could rather just create/access the object directly via the standard CRM WebClient user interface. That was my thinking anyway. Thanks again for your comment.

Warm regards,

John