cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement type - cost center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Currently movement type xxx is mapped to cost center A. I need to change the mapping so that the cost are now mapped to cost center B. What and where do I need to make to config changes. Please explain. Is it something controlling guy does? or is it responsibility of MM or ABAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Movement Type assignment directly to cost center is not possible.

FI/MM account determination is done in OBYC and if you need any specific account needs to assign to cost center is done in OKB9 t.code.

Explain your scenario,little bit clearly.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Rau

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't use OKB9 because I want only the cost based on movement type 909 to be posted to the cost center. There are are other dedit items on the GL Acc. that need not be posted to the CC under discussion.

I was wondering If MM guys can do it under OMJJ or we can have some kind of substitution rule.

WHAT SAY U??

Former Member
0 Kudos

we can not do in OMJJ , it is Just a mapping with Mtypes and Account Grouing, Best Suggested solution (I am not sure why you can not use OKB9 to add cost center to Cost element) OKB9+OBYC and we can make Cost center as Hidden during MIGO or PO , only Account will defaulted to 909 will send that to cost center, in the back end,

I was wondering why not you use only one cost center make it as user entry during MIGO ,and hide the GL field MM pepole knows these Transactions to hide Screen fields,

Correct me Gurus,If I gave any wrong info,

Paartha

Former Member
0 Kudos

In transaction MB51 i used the plant and the movement type selection criteria to get a document list of all the materials that were shipped using that movement type.

I clicked on the document from the list to see the details. On the bottom half of the screen there are 5 tabs, Material - Quantity - Where - Partner - Batch - Acc Assignment

I want to know whether the Cost center and profit center assigned in acc. assignment field are assigned to material or a movement type? If I need to change that assignment how should I do that.

Nik83

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Posting costs related to a movement type:

You can specify a new Account Modifier (say ZBR) for GBB and assign it to your movement type 909,

Create a Expense GL Account (Say 600XXX)

and in the MM-FI Integration set the account determination for GBB-ZBR to the new GL Account 600xxx for the required valuation classes

In OKB9 set the default account assignment to the desired cost center.

Regards,

Niyantrak

Former Member
0 Kudos

In OKB9 I can only assign one cost center to the cost element.... right? I want to assisgn five diffrent cost centers and the dollars should sweep from that account into cost centers based on the product i.e product A to cost center A, product B to Cost center B and so on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In OKB9 if u give account assignment detail as 3, you can default different cost centers based on profit centers. So you can assign profit center A and Cost center A, profit center B and Cost center B and so on. So once it picks profit center from material master during posting, it will automatically pull the cost center with configuration u have done in OKB9 based on the profit center.

Hope this helps.

Answers (0)