cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant configuration BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have created a Material with material type kmat and to it i have assigned a characterstics and assigned it to the class ( i took the class type as 300) and i have assigned the class to the material in configuration profile.

While creating a BOM (cs01)with item category 'k' it is giving the error Class type 300 not supported in configurable objects

if i try it do with CS40 it is showing an error that the material is not a configured material in plant.

now how to proceed regarding this...

sravanthi

Edited by: sravanthi nemani on Nov 13, 2008 6:08 AM

Edited by: sravanthi nemani on Nov 13, 2008 6:20 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You need to create the BOm with item category L only.

Class - 300 is used for assigned to product for which you need to define variant configuration

Class 200 - Is used to in BOM as a BOM items. Example

If you have 12 different colours, if I go ahead with dependecies then I need to have 12 BOM items, instead, I will assign this class type to all 12 colours and will assign this class in the BOM asa a class item

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear R Brahmankar

First of a wish to thank u for your valuable solution in thread. I see your name in most of the places.

just my question to you is that my Client want to implement Variant Configuration is there any site or link where I can have a SAP AG Documemt to learn about it and any Customizing stuff for reference...

Thnks & Regrds

BV

Edited by: Brijesh Verma on Jan 15, 2009 4:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sravanthi,

With item category ' K ' you can add only the class in the BOM . And when you assign a value for the characteristics it will be replaced by a material having the same characteritics in its classification. Please try to change the class type assigned in the BOM as 200 and also the class assigned to the variant component as 200.

Regards,

SL

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

For theitem categorie (k) The class should be 200. for component.

neeraj_bhardwaj4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have few questions...

1) Have u maintained.. MRP2 View?

2) Have u maintained..classification view..?

Regards

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have maintained MRP2 view .Is there any thing specific to be maintained in MRP2 view

and also classification view.

sravanthi

neeraj_bhardwaj4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was just checking if u have maintained those views properly....

Use class type 200... your problem will be solved..

Regards

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But if i use class type 200 then in configuration profile it is giving error ..

"This class type has not been defined in Customizing as allowed for variant configuration."

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Class 300 and 200 are both defined for the materials.class 300 is mainly used for a variant material used for variant configurartion.We can also classify materials under class 200 which do not have to be configurable materials.But allows to use the defined characteristics and restrict the usage for a specific purpose..

Class type 200 is for classes that are used as class items in bills of material.

Class type 300 is for variant configuration.

Please refer my previous reply to create BOM.

Hope clears to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

neeraj_bhardwaj4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Class 200 only to be used if you use Class as componenet in Super BOM... but for the KMAT u need to define Class as 300...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we use class type as 300 then what will be the procedure.could any one of u explain...

sravanthi

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Create Header material as KMAT with class 3000. Then create the super BOM by using CS01 and item category as "L" then assign object dependency(need to create in CU01) to the component go to CS02Extraobject dependency--Assign and save the BOM.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then what is the procedure for a class type 200

Please describe..

neeraj_bhardwaj4
Contributor
0 Kudos