cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access SAP B1 from Linux or Mac

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Everybody,

I would like to access SAP B1 (installed in a windows server) form a client (running on Linux OS or Mac OS). Can any one please suggest a best solution for this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Business One Client could not be installed on a Mac. But, you could install the Client on the Server and use Remote Desktop capability if available on the Mac system, and access the Windows Server and access B1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Business One Client could not be installed on a Mac. But, you could install the Client on the Server and use Remote Desktop capability if available on the Mac system, and access the Windows Server and access B1.

Sry Suda, but thats partly correct. Of course u could run B1 on a Mac.

There are a couple of possibilities for running B1 on a Mac.

1. (intel based). Install Windows by using eg. BootCamp

2. (intel based). Install a VM-Ware player and use a Windows image for running B1

3. (intel / ibm based). Install a terminal client and run B1 client in a terminal session

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffen Kamphoff. But what about Linux?

Former Member
0 Kudos

same here, SAP DB Server runs very well under Linux. Therefor i use a MySQL Server (not supported). Alternative u could use a IBM DB, it works fine too.

On Linux u could access SAP by using VM-Ware and of course using wine. I tried to use wine, it works fine, but it is a little bit slow. I think a terminal session also could be possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can Citrix Presentation Server or GoGlobal give Solution for this (SBO Server is Windows and Client is Linux)?

Edited by: Narottam Das on Nov 17, 2008 6:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i think so, cause afaik citrix based on terminal services.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

We are trying to install SAP B1 Client on Linux Fedora 8 using Wine 1.1. We managed to install it, however, when we try and run the client application, it doesn't do anything. Do you have a guide that we can use?

Thanks

Reza

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member267979
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

right now I am trying to launch SAP B1 client on new Debian 8 (Linux)...

details:
Debian 8 x64 bit

to add 32bit suport
dpkg --add-architecture i386

apt-get install wine32

then I launched instalation:
wine32 /mypath/Client32/setup.exe

before finish the instalation have jumped window:

and installation was finished with this:

One\\AddOns\\XLR\\XLReporter\\IXTypes.dll" failed with error 3

err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program Files\\SAP\\SAP Business One\\AddOns\\XLR\\XLReporter\\IXTypesNET.DLL" failed with error 3

err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program Files\\SAP\\SAP Business One\\AddOns\\XLR\\XLReporter\\IXXLReporter.dll" failed with error 3

err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program Files\\SAP\\SAP Business One\\AddOns\\XLR\\XLReporter\\IXXLStarter.dll" failed with error 3

err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program Files\\SAP\\SAP Business One\\AddOns\\XLR\\XLReporter\\MetaStoreB1.tlb" failed with error 3

err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program Files\\SAP\\SAP Business One\\AddOns\\XLR\\XLReporter\\TemplateLib.dll" failed with error 3

err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program Files\\SAP\\SAP Business One\\AddOns\\XLR\\XLReporter\\Vsflex7N.ocx" failed with error 3

err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program Files\\SAP\\SAP Business One\\UiApiComSolution.dll" failed with error 1006

err:ole:dispatch_rpc no apartment found for ipid {ffffffff-ffff-ffff-2900-000008000000}

err:rpc:I_RpcReceive we got fault packet with status 0x80010108

err:ole:dispatch_rpc no apartment found for ipid {ffffffff-ffff-ffff-2900-000008000000}

zdenek@debian-zdenek:~$

now when I try to launch this window jump up:

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers ware so so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any VPN on server and VPN client, like remote desktop application, on the client mac will allow you to connect no problem. I actually implemented the entire B1 system from my Mac laptop. This allowed me to do a bunch of data manipulation using Ruby on the Mac to translate the clients Quickbooks data into B1 format before importing. As mentioned above, any VM software will also let you run Windows, and thus B1, natively on your Mac. I use Parallels. I do not, however, run B1 on the Mac, I just connect via VPN. For what its worth...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any VPN on server and VPN client, like remote desktop application, on the client mac will allow you to connect no problem. In our case, for security reasons, we run terminal services on a server in the network, not the one that is home to B1 server. The terminal server has accounts with B1 client installed. Besides allowing for a variety of OSs to connect, it also provides a nice solution for people who work remotely. I VPN to that account using remote desktop connection on the Mac. It works great. I actually implemented the entire B1 system from my Mac laptop. As mentioned above, any VM software will also let you run Windows, and thus B1, natively on your Mac. I use Parallels. I do not, however, run B1 on the Mac. For what its worth...

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pl check this document in this link.

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001151332007E.pdf

Jeyakanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I use Citrix Presentation Server Solution for this?