Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyfigure fixing at aggregate level

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am using APO V4,

1. I am planning to fix my keyfigure only at aggregate level, My keyfigure is open at all levels like plant or material group or material, i can enter the data at any point manually. but when come to keyfigure fixing, i want to fix the keyfigure only at aggregate level, i mean if the keyfigure is at material level i need fix, any other level it should not allow me to fix.

I was thinking for a drill down macro, but my keyfigure should open at all levels irrespective of keyfigure fixing, is it manageable any how that keyfigure can only be fixed at material level?

2. this is a different issue from above, i have fixed the keyfigure for a month, after that i had run a copy macro to the fixed key figure, but the fixed values are overwritten once the copy job is completed, and when i check in the planning book, it is visible as fixed agian. do i need to have any macro specific setting for this during the copy macro?

Thanks in Advance

ARUN R Y

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I think you misunderstood the concept of fixing. When drilled down, fixing allows you to fix either total or one or more details rows to manage your numbers. See [Fixing Key Figure Values|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/02/7650c7353611d398290000e8a49608/frameset.htm] for details on how it works. You may be aware of it.

Fixing is property of a key figure, you can either make it fixable or not but as far as I know you can not fix total level and let loose the details or vice versa.

Also to your second point, fixing does not avoid overwrite while copying. You can use the function IS_FIXED() in your copy macro to check if the key figure is fixed and say copy only if the Key figure is not fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkat,

Thanks for your reply,

after your reply, i have gone trough agian my description what i have given in point1, but i feel i am not clear in the description, i am not sure whether you understand it correctly.

the issue i am facing here is, intially we were fixing the keyfigure at aggregate level, and we were doing some copy jobs to this keyfigure, one more addition point here is, my fixed keyfigure is configured with APODPDANT for drill down. so becuase of the keyfigure fixing and same time based on another key figure disaggreagatoin fuction i am getting some negitive qty for few periods.

so, we planned to stop fixing at aggregate level rather to be bit safer we are planning to fix only at lowest level of material directly. to restrict the users to NOT fix at aggregate level i should provide some functionality, might be a macro like.

As, my knowledge i can make drill down macro , and directly i can open the keyfigure only when the drill down is at material level. but i have problem here again, my keyfigure need to open at all levels.

If i am not clear, let me know i can give more in detail

Thanks in advance

Thanks

ARUN R Y

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkat,

For copying of macro, i found the solution my self,

if suppose the fixed cells should not overwrite while copying means, in the macro it slef, we have a option at result level RETAIN EXISTING VALUES, this will help us to aviod overwriting of the values.

but my first issue still alive, any how thanks for efforts

ARUN R Y

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

We had a similar requirement wherein the aggregate value should remain the same but the drill down's should be adjusted with reference KF.

1. You can control this by designing a default macro which will have FIXCALC() function. You can define the controlling KF as an argument in the FIXCALC function. I'm sure your scenario can be addressed.

2. Macro execution date ranges can be controlled and this should be used for updation during any copy job.

Is this what you are looking for. If yes, then i can provide specifics.

Respond if further help needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ankur,

I have tried looking for the logic of FIXCALC() in Help, but won't find, i will search it for again.

And, if it is really possible to restrict the users to only fix at material level not at any other level, when the keyfigure is open at all levels!

Suggest me how can i start the macro.

so, here i need to have default or drill down macro, like

if det_level is at material, should allow for fixing, not for any other levels.

Thanks for all your efforts

ARUN R Y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I apologize, please follow this link where you would find help on FIXCALC funtion.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm2007/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

I think all your queries will be answered in the explanation given in this help link.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I didn't get your requirement right may be because of your description or my thinking. What ever, I am glad that you found the solution for your second issue by selecting retain existing values. This function only writes values if there is no preexisting number in that cell.

Ankur, can you explain how you can ensure that the fixing is is open only at detail level and not at the aggregate level for the same key figure using FIX_CALC?

Arun here is the [link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm2007/helpdata/en/1d/310eadd0ee11d4b2e40050da385632/frameset.htm] for FIX_CALC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Suppose KF1 is containing budgetary targets set by Sr. Sales Hierarchy & KF2 is modifiable by Jr. Sales Hierarchy.

The following syntax

FIX_CALC ( KF2 ; KF1: <input check>) will ensure that KF2 is fixed as per values in KF1 for aggregates. At the same time allowing the dis-aggregation to be modified consistently with the aggregates.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am having some problems with Key Figure Fix.

The business requirement:

Some fields must be kept fixed and locked during the interactive planning performed in tc /SAPAPO/SDP94.

What was done in order to do it:

We created macros using standard features in order to fix and block some cells in accordance with the business requirements. The first macro disaggregates the planning to the last level available for collaboration. Another macro using FIX_CALC and ROW_INPUT functionalities fixes and locks some cells (3 levels). After these activities the planning view is aggregated and it will be ready for collaboration.

These macros run automatically every time that the user open an specific planning view.

The problem:

After the aggregation when the disaggregated level is called again all cells have been showed fixed and locked. If we perform the fix and lock manually the system run correctly, i.e., only the cells fixed and locked are kept in this status after an aggregating and disaggregating processes.

Step-by-step

u2022 Set the macro in /SAPAPO/ADVM u2013 MacroBuilder. To use the macro FIX_CALC in aggregated level. The first attribute set with ROW ATRIBUTES, the second attribute set with VALUES. FIX_CALC (Cota de Vendas; Cota de Vendas). With this setting, the aggregated line will be fixed.

u2022 Set the macro in /SAPAPO/ADVM u2013 MacroBuilder. To use the macro FIX_CALC in level 1. The first attribute set with ROW ATRIBUTES, the second attribute set with VALUES. FIX_CALC (Cota de Vendas; Cota de Vendas). With this setting, the level 1 line will be fixed.

u2022 Set the macro in /SAPAPO/ADVM u2013 MacroBuilder. To use the macro ROW_INPUT in aggregated level. Cota de vendas = ROW_INPUT ( 0 ). With this setting, the aggregated line will be locked.

u2022 Set the macro in /SAPAPO/ADVM u2013 MacroBuilder. To use the macro ROW_INPUT in level 1. Cota de vendas = ROW_INPUT ( 0 ). With this setting, the level 1 line will be locked.

u2022 Now, go to in /SAPAPO/SDP94.

u2022 Disaggregated the planning view.

u2022 Run the FIX_CALC and ROW_INPUT macros.

u2022 Aggregated the planning view.

u2022 Disaggregated the planning view again. You can see the problem.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I have the exact same requirement "aggregate value should remain the same but the drill down's should be adjusted with reference KF". Can you please provide the macro steps and the KF settings for forecast and reference KF?

This will resolve my issue!