cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you distribute C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/services in SAPGUI 7.1

sebastian_sebaraj
Participant
0 Kudos

I remember reading somewhere you no need to distribute/update service file located in C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/services for SAPGUI 7.1.

Is it possible to logon to Logon Group with out adding an entry in services file for SAPGUI 7.1.

If it a must to have services file do any one have script to append this file with New entries

What other files do you have to distribute other than saplogon.ini file

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to distribute only file saplogon.ini.

and you have to edit the services file.

for editing the file services, you should edit the file sapguishared.xml in the setup directory of the spagui install.

if you look at the file you will find out many rows that add to the file services.

add your rows in this file.

for the saplogon.ini, you should use script as you can see in the help of the sapgui install.

please download the attach file of note 1035560.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wrote a script that edits the services file upon logon to the network. First it checks to see if my PRD group port is already in the file. If it is, then it does nothing. If it isnt, then it saves a copy of the file, and edits the original with the new line. Hope this is helpful....

-

findstr "sapmsPRD" c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\services

if %errorlevel% EQU 0 goto exit

xcopy "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\services" c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\services_OLD\ /i

echo sapmsPRD 3600/tcp >> c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\services

echo >> c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\services