IC WebClient: E-mail Error: Type= APPLICATION_ERROR, ID= GETHISTORIC_FAILED

piotr_krzywdzinski2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

Let me describe my problem:

- Agent receives e-mail

- Indentifies business partner

- Creates activity, E-mail is connected with this object.

- Save

I can't open e-mail which is connected with created activity. I get error: Type= APPLICATION_ERROR, ID= GETHISTORIC_FAILED...

I've found note: 967925 but is for CRM 5.1. I'm using 5.0. Code is correct according to note.

Any ideas how to solve it?

Regards

Piotr

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Poitr,

Are you using ICI emails (real-time screen pop) or SAPConnect (Agent Inbox) emails? If you are using ICI emails, the problem is likely that the email no longer exists on your email server (as ICI emails are only stored on the external mail server, and not inside SAP CRM).

Warm regards,

John

piotr_krzywdzinski2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John!

Thanks for your answer.

I'm using ICI (so far testing with CMSS). So this is probably the couse.

So after integretion with the external mail server using ICI can I have access to emails from IC WebClient?

Regards

Piotr

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Piotr,

Ok, then that explains it! If you are using ICI, then the emails are stored on the external email server and not in SAP CRM. The Interaction Record in CRM contains a pointer to the email on the server. But if you delete or archive the emails from the server, then you will get the error message in the IC. This is completely dependent on how you configure your external email server. You can certainly have access from the IC, but you need to configure your email server to keep the emails for the desired length of time (i.e., until you archive the Interaction Records in IC).

The other option of couse is to use SAPConnect and the Agent Inbox with or without ERMS (or alternatively SAPConnect and ERMS Push) in which case the emails are stored in the SAP CRM system rather than on the external email server.

Warm regards,

John

piotr_krzywdzinski2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your great answer!

best regards

Piotr

Answers (0)