cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in RFC : RFCIO_ERROR_SYSERROR in abrfcpic.c : 2277

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus;

I´m facing a strange problem in my NW 04 system for BW, when i try to configure the STMS, it says that an error in the RFC connectios happen, so, when I go and manually taste the RFC it gives me the next message:

ERROR Longitud no permitida (verifique los parámetros)

LOCATION SAP-Server dev2_GBP_03 on host dev2 (wp 0)

COMPONENT CPIC

COUNTER 24

MODULE

LINE

RETURN CODE 240

SUBRC 0

RELEASE 640

TIME Mon Nov 24 12:05:05 2008

VERSION

In the RFC Trace I get the next error:

• Trace file opened at 20081121 201852 Pacific Standard Time, SAP-REL 640,0,2

======> CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMINIT' : cmRc=20 thRc=240

Longitud no permitida (verifique los parámetros)

ABAP Programm: SAPLTMSC (Transaction: STMS)

Called function module: TMS_CI_START_SERVICE

User: SAP* (Client: 000)

Destination: TMSADM@CONTROLLER (handle: 1, , {760354FE-06E3-4FE3-B66B-021C48FE7D

Error RFCIO_ERROR_SYSERROR in abrfcpic.c : 2277

CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMINIT' : cmRc=20 thRc=240

Longitud no permitida (verifique los parámetros)

HOST =bid1

SERV =sapdp00

And in the getway monitor i get the next:

Mon Nov 24 12:05:05 2008

• ERROR => GwIConnCheckAnsw: incomplete answer from gateway

I have another SAP System (CRM 4.0) in that same server and is working fine....

Please if you have any idea thta might help me, im out in productive next monday!!!!

The kernel patch is 247. for NW 04 is a BW system

Regards and thanks

Eva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ;

Thanks every one for your replies, I have found the reason of the error, after double checking the service file in both servers, I found that the ports were duplicated, in the service file we had the next entries:

sapdp00 3200

sapdp01 3201

sapgw00 3200 ---> This was so wrong, because the GW port is 3300

sapgw01 3301

So the RFC error was happening for this duplicated port. After change it and restart the server at OS level everything is working.

Hope this help some one else, is a simple solution, but sometimes simple things are the ones that take more time to see couse they are so obvius we passed them by.

Regards!!!!

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ;

Thanks every one for your replies, I have found the reason of the error, after double checking the service file in both servers, I found that the ports were duplicated, in the service file we had the next entries:

sapdp00 3200

sapdp01 3201

sapgw00 3200 ---> This was so wrong, because the GW port is 3300

sapgw01 3301

So the RFC error was happening for this duplicated port. After change it and restart the server at OS level everything is working.

Hope this help some one else, is a simple solution, but sometimes simple things are the ones that take more time to see couse they are so obvius we passed them by.

Regards!!!!

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello;

Thanks for your sugestios, but as a matter of fact the error is appearing exactly when configuring the STMS.

I have one server that is my transport host (with the BW Dev, and CRM DEV systems) and the other server have the BW and CRM Productive systems this was the requisit of the client), the CRM systems are working fine the STMS is working propertly in DEV and PRD, but when try to add the BW PRO system to the BWDev transport domain ( it can see it fine), it crashes with the errors aboved...so what jumps for me is why one systems works fine and the other one has error...

Check twice the host file, the service file,the domain, and even reboot the OS after checking everythig but the problem still there........

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you try to send the request to transport domain from BW PRD system to BW DEV system use ip address of BW Dev system instead of host name.

We are getting the same error during configuration of STMS and we found that reason was when we try to ping the hostname of BW PRD server to BW Dev server its giving us a message that hostname was unknown, then we have entered the ip of BW DEV serverr to BW PRD Server and vice-versa.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that all the server are connected into network and you have maintained the host file.

Try to ping the server. Usually if the ip address is not entered in the host file or system is not able to communicate from each other this message comes.

Regards

Subhash

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please go with the steps given with link, for cofiguraing the STMS

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/44/b4a0c17acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

and let's see ....

Regards,

S.Manu.