cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR - short dump (DBIF_SETG_SQL_ERROR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Good day.

I would like to ask for your help with regard to the short dump that we experienced with Job SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR (program RSCOLL00). The error is DBIF_SETG_SQL_ERROR.

Date Time Message text

24.11.2008 02:30:39 Job started

24.11.2008 02:30:39 Step 001 started (program RSCOLL00)

24.11.2008 02:30:44 ABAP/4 processor: DBIF_SETG_SQL_ERROR

24.11.2008 02:30:44 Job cancelled

ORA-01455 is said to be the reason why we encountered DBIF_SETG_SQL_ERROR.

Database error text........: "ORA-01455: converting column overflows integer datatype"

Can you advise an OSS Note or certain solution that can fix this issue? Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto transaction st22 and select the dump, double click the dump and find the complete deatils of where and how the dump occured. You may be able to analyze it.

If not, you may copy the deatils here. Also do mention the kernel release with support pack information.

Regards,

Rupali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your reply!

In the note 591600 it is stated that "ORA-01455: In the context of a SELECT, you try to transfer the content of a column to an integer variable where the content of the column disrupts the integer number area."

Our programs are being terminated in Function Module RS_COMPONENT_VIEW:

Information on where terminated

Termination occurred in the ABAP program "SAPLSEU_COMPONENT" - in

"RS_COMPONENT_VIEW".

The main program was "SAPMS07A ".

To be specific in this line:

IF refresh IS INITIAL.
*   get table "nodetab" of all object lists
*   of the desired type "object_type":
    IMPORT date nodetab FROM DATABASE dwtree(ap) ID apid
    ACCEPTING PADDING.
    subrc = sy-subrc.
  ENDIF.

We are using

SAP kernel....... 700

Patch level. 140

Database............. "ORACLE 9.2.0.., ORACLE 10.1.0.., ORACLE 10.2.0.."

SAP database version. 700

Any inputs on this? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This looks like an SAP Upgrade ECC 6 Problem, right?

Do you have any idea where I can check the date when the ECC 6 upgrade or patch has been made?

I'm an ABAPer and to be honest, currentlly, I don't have any idea if the client really did an ECC 6 upgrade --- when they did it. I will just check the table that you sent.

I just had the impression that it might be due to an ECC 6 Upgrade since I saw this case over the Internet:

"DBIF_SETG_SQL_ERROR" and "ORA-03106: fatal two-task communication protocol error" after ERP 6.0 Upgrade ( http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/dbif_setg_sql_error-and-ora-03106-fat... ).

Yes, we are also experiencing DBIF_SETG_SQL_ERROR (ORA-03106). But, I'm taking care of DBIF_SETG_SQL_ERROR (ORA-01455).

By the way, I saw that jobs EU_PUT and EU_REORG are being executed in background every morning at around 1 AM. And we are receiving the error DBIF_SETG_SQL_ERROR (ORA-01455) at around 2 AM - 3 AM, and a few at around 3 AM - 5 AM.

With these I have two questions:

(1) Do you think we still need to rerun EU_PUT and EU_REORG? Perhaps before 2 AM ?

(2) Do you think this is a Basis Issue and nothing to do with ABAP anymore?

Thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Which is the version of SAP at your end? Please check the following note and see if its relevant for your system. It describes the same problem...

Note 682382 - Oversized datafiles in transaction DB02

Cheers,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might be running simillar job at same time, suspend the duplicate jobs